Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Some odd behaviour on a Pi Zero
(08-19-2019, 11:06 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Response lag of 30-sec is quite extreme and would generally suggest some sort of network issue but I'll fire up my 0W in a bit and run some tests.

This is on an original pi zero, not the W.

It was worse before the upgrade... 2mins or so at best, 2 or three songs behind at worst! Don't think it is the network (pi zero is connected to ethernet) as everything else is pretty snappy including response to pressing play and skipping between tracks but happy to be proved wrong as it'll save me the cost of a new pi!
The Zero and Zero W have the same CPU, RAM and USB specs and so should perform same. Some quick tests on my W.

- 2000 track playlist
- Auto-shuffle
- Playback controls

It was a bit laggy sometimes where it took couple of secs for UI to update after some action, but in general it was responsive.

Isolating bottlenecks can be really difficult. Some obvious culprits include poor quality SD Cards with slow R/W speeds. slow clients, poor throughput from NAS, network issues, etc.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(08-20-2019, 12:03 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The Zero and Zero W have the same CPU, RAM and USB specs and so should perform same. Some quick tests on my W.

- 2000 track playlist
- Auto-shuffle
- Playback controls

It was a bit laggy sometimes where it took couple of secs for UI to update after some action, but in general it was responsive.

Isolating bottlenecks can be really difficult. Some obvious culprits include poor quality SD Cards with slow R/W speeds. slow clients, poor throughput from NAS, network issues, etc.

Oh i thought the W was a higher spec. My bad for not reading up, sorry!  I'll do some more experiments.