Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Only composer showing, when composers separated by '\'
My songs are in FLAC, and the "Composer" field is separated by the character '\'. I think that's what my rip/compress software did by default (dbPowerAmp).

When I play the songs in Moode, it displays the composer but stops at the '\', so only one composer is shown. All Beatles songs are now by John Lennon alone!  Wink

I might be a corner case, so I was wondering if there is a way I could modify this parsing? Can you point me to the right place to start? Would this be in moode or in MPD?

Thanks in advance,

Javier
(05-04-2018, 11:32 AM)jv275475 Wrote: My songs are in FLAC, and the "Composer" field is separated by the character '\'. I think that's what my rip/compress software did by default (dbPowerAmp).

When I play the songs in Moode, it displays the composer but stops at the '\', so only one composer is shown. All Beatles songs are now by John Lennon alone!  Wink

I might be a corner case, so I was wondering if there is a way I could modify this parsing? Can you point me to the right place to start? Would this be in moode or in MPD?

Thanks in advance,

Javier

I ended up renaming the folders and/or file names depending where the character fell.

Best of..
(05-04-2018, 11:32 AM)jv275475 Wrote: My songs are in FLAC, and the "Composer" field is separated by the character '\'. I think that's what my rip/compress software did by default (dbPowerAmp).

Thanks in advance,

Javier

Hi,

moOde just displays whatever is in the Composer tag. Just ran a quick test and below is the metadata displayed under album cover for a track that has multiple composers.

Track 7 • Year 1988 • Rex Stewart/Duke Ellington • 16/44.1k FLAC

-Tim

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(05-04-2018, 04:02 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:

Thanks in advance,

Javier

Hi,

moOde just displays whatever is in the Composer tag. Just ran a quick test and below is the metadata displayed under album cover for a track that has multiple composers.

Track 7 • Year 1988 • Rex Stewart/Duke Ellington • 16/44.1k FLAC

-Tim

-Tim

Which begs the question which tags are supported in moOde? For Display and Search purposes. Is this listed somewhere?

Thanks,
Marc
Hi,
I'd like to reanimate this thread.

I´m using dbpoweramp as well for ripping. On my NAS there are 20k+ flac files of classical music, all tagged very accurate with Artist, Album Artist, corresp. Sort-tags, Work (i.e. opus) etc. I don´t want to loose this information when using moode as I need this in my individual search struture, e.g.: Composer -> Work -> Artist or Artist -> Composer -> Work.

Is there chance to choose the tags that are displayed in moode? Any chance to get certain tags (e.g. Artist) sorted by the corresp. sort-tags (e.g. Artist_Sort)?
Cheers, AnnaBlume
moOde uses the standard Genre, Artist, Album, Track structure for the Browse and Library panels. There was a long thread a while ago (you will have to search for it) regarding Classical music collections and the conclusion was that its not really feasable to develop a Classical panel. The main issues:

- Lack of a standard tag structure for Classical
- Composition tag does not exist
- No commonly agreed on search methodology

MPD supported tags
https://www.musicpd.org/doc/protocol/tags.html

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(09-14-2018, 05:01 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: moOde uses the standard Genre, Artist, Album, Track structure for the Browse and Library panels. There was a long thread a while ago (you will have to search for it) regarding Classical music collections and the conclusion was that its not really feasable to develop a Classical panel. The main issues:

- Lack of a standard tag structure for Classical
- Composition tag does not exist
- No commonly agreed on search methodology

MPD supported tags
https://www.musicpd.org/doc/protocol/tags.html

-Tim

Hi Tim,
thank you for reply. I assume you mention the thread "Composer list in library browser" (http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=150), so I'll add my thoughts in this thread.
AnnaBlume