Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: 96 Tears no cover!
Hi fellows,

the album "96 Tears" by "? And The Mysterians" plays fine but the cover is "not found". It's as usual a local Cover.jpg. Is the name of the band the problem here?
Works fine here on my system, with cover art (Cover Art)
Are you using Windows? If so, how did you get a "?" in the title song?
Windows doesn't accept this type of characters in filenames (maybe Linux does, don't know).
Anyway, in my case, the filename is "Question Mark And The Mysterians - 96 Tears.mp3".
The "Artist "tag however, has the value "? And The Mysterians"

JST
 :@
(07-20-2019, 01:15 PM)Malefoda Wrote: Hi fellows,

the album "96 Tears" by "? And The Mysterians" plays fine but the cover is "not found". It's as usual a local Cover.jpg. Is the name of the band the problem here?

Zip the album directory and send me a download link and I'll have a look.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Sorry for the delay, I had no notification of replies :'(

JST, nice find that french version "N°1 aux USA" Wink
Mac user here. And I use many forbidden characters! https://imgur.com/6X7hSu6
Tim, MP sent.
The directory appears as below on my Mac.

? And The Mysterians - 96 Tears

After copying it to a USB stick it appears as below on Linux. The leading character in the dir name is non-printable. It's not even possible to change into the directory.

pi@rp5:~ $ ls /media/VFAT128/Test_mixed/Malefoda/
' And The Mysterians - 96 Tears'

MPD was able to index it though, and the thumbnail generator added an image for the cover to its cache. No issues with cover art display in the Library or on Playback.

My recommendation would be to rename the directory to below. This would match the Artist tag.

Question Mark And The Mysterians - 96 Tears.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Strange it displays the cover on yours :'( Maybe the shared remote folder via SMB makes it fail.
Let's move to the Q folder then... and thanks for pointing out the fact the artist name tag was not the same Wink

Report: it's now fine and cover art is displayed.