Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Cover Art Not Displaying From Files on NAS
Seems like I can get it to work in album cover view but never in player view. Embedded covers, cover.jpg, folder.jpg etc

I even installed volumio to see if I was losing my mind or what. Covers show up.

It seems to be some problem related to the NAS, though I can't say what exactly.

I take some of the files, put them on a USB stick. Moode shows art like you would expect.

But from the NAS, nope. They display when browsing albums but in the player just the default art that says moode and underneath that:

Track 1 • Year 2018 • File does not exist

Have deleted and regenerated, tried NFS rather than Samba.

My hair is starting to fall out. Or maybe not. But not sure what to try next.
Just posting "it doesn't work" is not helpful, although the fact that there are no issues when using USB stick would suggest some sort of configuration or compatibility issue between moOde and your NAS.

Maybe try examining some logs for indications of what might be happening.

Reboot then:
cat /var/log/moode.log

Re-Gen MPD database then:
cat /var/log/mpd/log
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(07-24-2019, 02:00 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Just posting "it doesn't work" is not helpful, although the fact that there are no issues when using USB stick would suggest some sort of configuration or compatibility issue between moOde and your NAS.

Maybe try examining some logs for indications of what might be happening.

Reboot then:
cat /var/log/moode.log

Re-Gen MPD database then:
cat /var/log/mpd/log

Yes, I have been regenerating, deleting the mount and using an ip address, trying nfs rather than samba and looking at those logs. with nfs I don't get covers at all.

It seems to me that there must be some difference in what permissions are needed by the audio playing routines and the cover display routines. Though I can't say what exactly. It seems to me that if the file can be accessed to be played it can be accessed
 to see if there is an embedded cover.

I use tail -f /var/log/moode.log

and tail-f /var/log/mpd/log

20190723 211359 enhanceMetadata(): coverurl: (/coverart.php/NAS%2FMusic%2FWFMU%2Ftx181018.mp3)
20190723 211359 enhanceMetadata(): Song file
20190723 211359 engine-mpd: Metadata returned to client: Size=(31)
20190723 211359 engine-mpd: Get initial status
20190723 211359 engine-mpd: UI state=(play), MPD state=(play)
20190723 211359 engine-mpd: Wait for idle timeout
20190723 211400 engine-mpd: Get initial status
20190723 211400 engine-mpd: UI state=(play), MPD state=(play)
20190723 211400 engine-mpd: Wait for idle timeout

file plays and displays cover (which is embedded) in album view but in player view shows the place holder image

Thanks
Very odd.

Album and Tag views display thumbnail cover images that are generated by the same routine that displays cover images in Playback. The difference is that the covers displayed in Playback are extracted live via Browser URI while the cover thumbs are extracted by a batch process and then stored in a local dir on the Pi.

For the log entry you posted the Browser URI would be:

http://moode/coverart.php/NAS%2FMusic%2FWFMU%2Ftx181018.mp3

If this does not display the cover and there is no error in the moOde log from "coverart.php" then I'm not sure what might be going on.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
it redirects to:

/images/default-cover-v6.svg

Sad
Figured it out.

I had a share called media with both movies and music in either folder

I had edited the share in the moode nas interface to:

BOX/Media/Music

which I guess moode expects:

BOX/Music

I made another share Music

and when I point at

BOX/Music

all is fine

I thought this might be the trouble but when I set it up this way using NFS it didn't display covers at all