Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Instruction Guide 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi
Hi, I received remy1961's display, and it's work perfect.

adrii what this bars means?) On the right side I think it's wifi signal, but what means another one.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi lv1983

Great news that your new display is up and running, and you have done a nice job with the mounting.

The indicator on the right is the wifi signal strength, or can also be an icon indicating a wired connection. The second indicator from the right is a triangular slider to show the player volume. I did also look at a "speaker" style volume indicator indicator, but I couldn't make anything that looked reasonble at the small size,

Adrian.
The mpd_oled build instructions for Moode are not working with Moode 6: https://github.com/antiprism/mpd_oled/issues/24

The fix, for now, is to build mpd_oled with
Code:
PLAYER=MOODE LDFLAGS="-li2c" make

I'll review the mpd_oled build setup for Moode.

Adrian.
I have fixed the build issue and tested the install instructions on a fresh copy of Moode 6, and everything is working fine.

Adrian
Hi!

I've just got my oled screen working with Moode 6.1.0.
I'm still working on a nice enclosure to match my DAC....pictures to follow.

A few questions though:
Whenever i stream audio to Moode with either Airplay or via Spotify, then there is no song info or equaliser. Just the clock shows.
Is it possible to get this to work? A configuration thing i've overlooked?

Secondly, there seems to be quite a lag with the equaliser. I've added the line "i2c_arm_baudrate=400000" to /boot/config.txt but this didn't seem to make a difference... Any thoughts of what it could be?

Thanks!!
Hi JohnnyBravo

Quote:Whenever i stream audio to Moode with either Airplay or via Spotify, then there is no song info or equaliser. Just the clock shows. Is it possible to get this to work? A configuration thing i've overlooked?

There are two separate issues here:

The mpd_oled program needs information about what is currently playing to be able to display the song title, etc. On Moode, mpd_oled reads this  information from MPD (the music player daemon), but Airplay and Spotify are not using MPD and so there is no information to display. On Volumio this information is provided by a Volumio program, and the plugins for different players update Volumio with information about what is currently playing so programs like mpd_oled can access this information in one place. If there is something similar in Moode, a central place where mpd_oled could fetch song information, then I would be very happy to support it.

The mpd_oled spectrum display needs a copy of the current audio. The mpd_oled install instructions set up a copy of the audio played by MPD. This means that if you are using another player then there is no audio to be analised. It is possible to duplicate the ALSA stream that is playing, which is the same for all players, and have mpd_oled read this, but I have had no luck setting up on Moode (See https://github.com/antiprism/mpd_oled/issues/4 ).

Quote:Secondly, there seems to be quite a lag with the equaliser. I've added the line "i2c_arm_baudrate=400000" to /boot/config.txt but this didn't seem to make a difference... Any thoughts of what it could be?

Is the spectrum display lagging behing the audio? Did you include the `dtparam=` part of the line? If not, add it, otherwise try with `dtparam=i2c_arm_baudrate=800000`. If there is still lag try reducing the number of bars, e.g.  'mpd_oled -b 10'

Is the audio lagging behind the spectrum display (this has been seen with an I2S reclocker)? I don't know of an existing solution to this.

Adrian.
Hi Adrian,

I've had a look in the Moode config and there seems to be an option for a 'metadata file' which should have song info in it.
I'm not sure if this also works with Spotify / Airplay, but i'll have a look.

[Image: MoodeMetaData.jpg]

For the refresh rate, i think i may have forgotten the dtparam= bit.... whoops, i'll report back when i have a chance to change it.

Thanks!!
Hi Adrian,

In the Local services section of System Config there is a setting named "Metadata file". Turn it on and moOde will write song and playback info to /var/local/www/currentsong.txt file. When any of the renderers are playing only the renderer name and output rate info is provided.

Example:

Code:
watch -n1 "/var/local/www/currentsong.txt"

# playing song file

file=NAS/Music/Pat Metheny Group/Letter From Home/01 Have You Heard.flac
artist=Pat Metheny Group
album=Letter From Home
title=Have You Heard
coverurl=/coverart.php/NAS%2FMusic%2FPat%20Metheny%20Group%2FLetter%20From%20Home%2F01%20Have%20You%20Heard.flac
track=1
date=1989
composer=Pat Metheny
encoded=16/44.1 FLAC
bitrate=867 kbps
outrate=16 bit, 44.1 kHz, Stereo, 1.411 mbps
volume=20
mute=0
state=play

# Playing radio station

file=http://ice2.somafm.com/gsclassic-128-aac
artist=Radio station
album=Groove Salad Classic: The early days of a nicely chilled plate of ambient beats and grooves. [SomaFM]
title=Reflection - Many Colours
coverurl=images/radio-logos/Soma FM - Groove Salad Classic.jpg
track=
date=
composer=
encoded=VBR
bitrate=128 kbps
volume=20
mute=0
state=play

# Airplay active

file=Airplay Active

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
If the oled screen could actually show "Spotify Active" or "Airplay Active" that would already be very nice.
The oled screen would then do the same as the Moode web interface :-)

JB
Hi JB and Tim

Thanks for the information on the Moode current song file. I wonder if you could help me with a couple of questions.

Does this file ever provide detailed information on the current song when the song isn't being played by MPD? I.e. are there some cases when I will find detailed song information in the file when it isn't available by querying MPD?

The file doesn't seem to include information about the track length and track progress, is that right? And so, I would need to query MPD for these as I do now, and they would only be available when MPD was the player?

JB, I will look at whether I can write the non-MPD player/renderer name into the song title area. If the spectrum analiser is reading a duplicated ALSA stream then it would continue to function.

Adrian.