Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Instruction Guide 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi
I ran all code on a ordinary pi3 and it went well. All set
Thank you!
Wish I could gave the dispalay for numbers playing somewhat bigger:-)
Har
Hi Har

Great that mpd_oled is working on your Pi 3, but it should also work fine on your Pi Zero if this is the board you want to use.

Adrian.
The zero was my testing kit. First without a dac card to have the pins free to connect the display without soldering. Any tips how connect the display in my final setup?
Hi Har

I just connect everything using the usual dupont connectors and haven't had any issues.

The image below shows an I2S DAC and SPI OLED connected to a Pi Zero.

[Image: 75360007-7694a780-58b5-11ea-885b-9d394e2c8287.jpg]

Adrian.
I have just checked and mpd_oled works correctly on Moode 6.6.0.

Adrian.
Hi,

I have been reading these forums with interest. Thanks to Adrian and others for the clear explanations. I have managed to set up a 0.96" oled display with success.

I have had a LMS server and various squeezeboxes running for many years.

My moOde configuration is set to enable squeezelite in addition to mpd. I am interested in sending data from squeezelite player to the oled display set up in this tutorial. Im guessing it is not possible as it is intended to process mpd data. Am i correct in this assumption?

Thanks for all the great work.
-Dan
Hi Dan

I am pleased you were able to get your OLED up and running.

Are you seeing any song metadata on your Moode UI screen? If not then it is likely not available to mpd_oled. If it is possible to send the song metadata from squeezlite then I would think the best approach would be for Moode to receive it, and then it would be available through the UI, and should also appear in the Moode song metadata file, where mpd_oled could then read it (mpd_oled uses this file on Moode).

For the spectrum analyser you need a copy of the audio. If it is possible to create the copy via squeezlite then that would probably be easiest, otherwise you could try to create the copy using this custom ALSA configuration, which is difficult, may have issues and may need to be tailored to your system.

Adrian.
Thanks for your rapid reply.

I was hoping there would be an easier way  to communicate from my LogitechMediaServer ==> squeezelite ==> MPD ==> Oled
I will work on your suggestions.

Thanks again for all your effort.
-dan
Hello Adrii
Posts 248-258, i was having trouble getting my SPI display to work. I ended up using an older commit of MPD_OLED.
I updated to Moode 6.6 today (fresh install from ISO) and it appears the issue has gone. The display works with the latest commit.
I found a thread on another forum (about the kernel update) where the people were talking about SPI problems. So maybe the new kernel has fixed the problem.
Just thought i'd let you know.
Thank you
Paul
Hi Paul

Thanks for the update and extra information!

Adrian.