Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Instruction Guide 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi
Hi Adrian,

Great work here, always on top of things.
Has the problem with HifiBerry Dac+Pro been resolved?
Is there a problem with other HAT dac?

Alain
Hi Alain

I pushed a fix for the issue when using mpd_oled with the Hifiberry DAC+ Pro, and have received a report that everything is now working correctly.

The issue related to the way that mpd_oled accessed the I2C bus., and with the changes mpd_oled should now be more compatible generally with other devices that also use the I2C bus.

I believe there is a potential for issues when using mpd_oled with an SPI display and another device that also uses SPI, but no issues have been reported.

Adrian.
Thank you Adrian
Hello,
I'm using RPi 3 B+ with Hifiberry DAC+Pro.
I have a Hiletgo 1.3" OLED converted to i2c .
Running Moode Release: 6.7.1 2020-07-22

I got the this point in the install,
Code:
sudo ./mpd_oled -o 6 -b 10 -g 1 -f 20

screen is on, time, IP...
if I play a song from Moode/local I can see everything moving, bars, bits, title, but no sound.
If I play from Squeezer (phone), I have sound but nothing is moving on the screen and doesn't show the right song, still shows the song from Moode page.

Also after running the sudo above, the Putty window doesn't go back to pi@moode, so I cannot finish the install
Code:
nano mpd_oled.service ....
or I don't know how to exit this state. I have to kill putty, but by doing that the screen shut down.
So I'm stuck.
@Alaini93

Since I haven't installed this software I'll leave comments about the lack of sound during local moOde playback to others.

The sudo ./mpd_oled ... command starts a process which runs until you kill it. A CTRL-C from the command line should do the trick.
[Edited] This only works if you are still in the same terminal in which you started the process. If you log into a new terminal, you'll have to do some LInux-fu to kill the process.

Since the alternative renderers---Squeezelite, UPnP, ...---bypass MPD I would not expect to see a display of information when streaming through them. As a general rule, if you don't see track information in the moOdeUI, then you have no possibility of seeing it in mpd_oled either. You can find relevant remarks in some of the previous posts to this thread.

Regards,
Kent
Thanks Kent.
I soon as I Crtl C, I get back to input state,good, but the screen shut off.
Hi Alain

When you are checking which mpd_oled parameters you would like to use, it is convenient to run the program directly with 'sudo ./mpd_oled', and stop it with CTL-C, which shuts off the screen. When you are happy with some parameters, shut off the display with CTRL-C, edit the mpd_oled.service file to include these parameters, and then run 'sudo bash install.sh' to install the program as a service. The display will now be on all the time.

Reviewing this section of the install instructions, I think it could be improved, and specifically say that the test run should be stopped with CTRL-C. I'll take a look at that.

Adrian.
OK, thank you
ok, it's working like you said Adrian.
All graphics are on when playing a song, but still no sound.
Sometimes, when I reconnect, I can see some errors on the web UI popping up about MPD, but I have no time to mark them down, the error window disappear pretty quick.
Through Squeezer app it's fine, I have sound but of course no graphics.
Hi Alain

Could you confirm, you have no sound when playing any radio station from the Moode radio station list.

Could you post the output of the following command

tail /etc/mpd.conf

And also, post the mpd_oled command you are using in mpd_oled.service

Also, try reviewing the output of the following command for any obvious errors

moodeutl -l | less

Adrian.