Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Instruction Guide 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi
Thanks Adrian, I will reinstall everything tomorrow, but yes no sound with radio either.
Good news, I reinstalled everything, Moode, then your Spec.Disp, making sure I was still getting sound after each portion of install.
At the end, I had like 10 sec delay between the song and display, went back and added
Code:
dtparam=i2c_arm_baudrate=400000

and it was perfect.
Thanks for the work.

One question, when I start, turn on RPI, the display show an empty spectrum with time on the side, then 20 to 30 sec later only the time, bigger, appears on the screen.
Could it be possible to get only the time in big to show up first, then the spec if I play a song?
Hi Alain

I am pleased everything is now working.

Regarding the initial display, mpd_oled reads the play/pause/stop state from a state file written by Moode. It may be that this file isn't deleted when the Pi is turned off and maybe there is a delay before Moode writes this file for the first time when the Pi starts up, and this is producing the invalid "play" screen.

Adrian.
So there is no function to show Time only if no song is playing?
Hi Alain

The mpd_oled "stop" screen shows a large clock, but it sounds like there is sometimes a delay when the Pi is turned on before mpd_oled can recognise that Moode is not playing any music.

Adrian.
OK thank you
Hi Alain

I checked this morning and was able to confirm the delay is due to a stale Moode status file. I rebooted the player from the GUI while a radio station was playing and then logged back in as soon as possible and listed the status file repeatedly. After 20 seconds or so Moode started writing the status file and the mpd_oled switched from the "play" screen to the "stop" screen. You can see the changeover here

Code:
pi@moode:~ $ cat /var/local/www/currentsong.txt
file=http://stream.morow.com:8080/morow_med.aacp
artist=Radio station
album=Morow - Retro Progressive Rock
title=Sky Architect - Excavations Of The Mind
coverurl=images/radio-logos/Morow - Retro Progressive Rock.jpg
track=
date=
composer=
encoded=VBR
bitrate=69 kbps
outrate=16 bit, 44.1 kHz, Stereo, 1.411 mbps
volume=7
mute=0
state=play

pi@moode:~ $ cat /var/local/www/currentsong.txt
file=http://stream.morow.com:8080/morow_med.aacp
artist=Radio station
album=Morow - Retro Progressive Rock
title=Sky Architect - Excavations Of The Mind
coverurl=images/radio-logos/Morow - Retro Progressive Rock.jpg
track=
date=
composer=
encoded=VBR
bitrate=0 bps
outrate=0 bps
volume=7
mute=0
state=stop

I noticed that the Moode GUI became available again at the same time that the status file was written for the first time, meaning that mpd_oled showed a valid status screen as soon as Moode became functional.

Adrian.
Hi Alain

Tim has removed the stale currentsong.txt file during the Moode startup, so in the next version of Moode mpd_oled will hopefully start up showing the "stop" screen (with the big clock).

Adrian.
Pretty nice, thanks
I have been looking at all these pretty oleds and was thinking about getting one.

Today i was looking at audiophonics i saw that they had a 256x64 OLED 3.12" screen and some other stuff i had to buy.

But i didn't check up on how it should be used or if it could be used.

Is it difficult to get it to work with rpi 3/4?

Definitely have to read some more about the oled and the threads here that are about oled Smile

https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/screens-v...14604.html