Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

ERROR: Failed to open "ALSA default"
duracell80
(04-30-2020, 11:29 AM)derbraadwurst Wrote: But it partially works. I see my playlist playing. But still no sound. No error messages though
I also noticed that Max Alsa volume in
audio config is disabled? i can't turn the alsa volume up.  

In the config.txt file it says dtoverlay=hifiberry digi-pro or something, but i have the digi+ pro. have tried to
change it, but get a lot of errors

couldn't make heads or tails from the sudo raspi-confi.  i didn't know what to do

Hi, i tried your solution. (dtparam-audio=on)

But it partially works. I see my playlist playing. But still no sound. No error messages though
I also noticed that Max Alsa volume in
audio config is disabled? i can't turn the alsa volume up.  

In the config.txt file it says dtoverlay=hifiberry digi-pro or something, but i have the digi+ pro. have tried to
change it, but get a lot of errors

couldn't make heads or tails from the sudo raspi-confi.  i didn't know what to do

grtz jouri

What happens if you run alsamixer in the ssh window ? It might be worth starting with a fresh install, take off the DAC and reintroduce it slowly noting the changes you make and that might give some clues as to where alsa is messing up.

Well a friend helped me out. Seems my WM8804 was not working anymore on the digi+ pro board. He thought electrostatic discharge was the culprit. 

Thanks everyone
Kudos to your helpful friend :-)
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Hi Fizzy,
I had the same problem, sometimes I solved it by restarting moode, then I resolved definitively by changing the driver of the I2S (from HifiDigi + to HifiberryDac)
So to dig over an old thread, but may be of use to someone else who is seeking enlightenment. 

I've had this problem a couple of times with 7.2.x... I run my raspberry pi via a battery to act as a walkman when I'm a man about town. So occasionally there is an unexpected power out!

This can cause corruption of of the sdcard with the moode OS on.

The definitive symptom is the /boot/config.txt is an empty file. Why this file is affected I don't know, but there we go, if this file is empty (or wrong) its not going to work.

The automated disk-fixer may create an FSCK00xxxx file when it tries to recover a file system flagged as dirty, or so very dirty dirty... I inspected the contents of the latest FSCK file and it looked to be a complete config.txt. With some trepidation, I copied the FSCK file to config.txt, rebooted and it worked.

My /boot/config file is as below. Take care, I don't think a corrupt file here could damage your hardware, but use caution if you don't know what any effect of changes you make may have.

disable_overscan=1
hdmi_drive=2
hdmi_blanking=1
hdmi_force_edid_audio=1
hdmi_force_hotplug=1
hdmi_group=0
dtparam=i2c_arm=on
dtparam=i2s=on
dtparam=audio=off
dtoverlay=iqaudio-dacplus
#dtoverlay=disable-wifi
#dtoverlay=disable-bt
max_usb_current=1
(05-13-2021, 03:53 PM)Frusty_the_snowman Wrote: So to dig over an old thread, but may be of use to someone else who is seeking enlightenment. 

I've had this problem a couple of times with 7.2.x... I run my raspberry pi via a battery to act as a walkman when I'm a man about town. So occasionally there is an unexpected power out!

This can cause corruption of of the sdcard with the moode OS on.

The definitive symptom is the /boot/config.txt is an empty file. Why this file is affected I don't know, but there we go, if this file is empty (or wrong) its not going to work.

The automated disk-fixer may create an FSCK00xxxx file when it tries to recover a file system flagged as dirty, or so very dirty dirty... I inspected the contents of the latest FSCK file and it looked to be a complete config.txt. With some trepidation, I copied the FSCK file to config.txt, rebooted and it worked.

My /boot/config file is as below. Take care, I don't think a corrupt file here could damage your hardware, but use caution if you don't know what any effect of changes you make may have.

disable_overscan=1
hdmi_drive=2
hdmi_blanking=1
hdmi_force_edid_audio=1
hdmi_force_hotplug=1
hdmi_group=0
dtparam=i2c_arm=on
dtparam=i2s=on
dtparam=audio=off
dtoverlay=iqaudio-dacplus
#dtoverlay=disable-wifi
#dtoverlay=disable-bt
max_usb_current=1

that fixed my sh!t too - and I'm not even a man-about-town, just a poor soul with a crappy switching power supply and a low voltage 'crash'.

Capital solution Frust, capital.

Also hats to whoever up there ↑ noted the dtparam=audio=off needs to be dtparam=audio=on. And in my case "ALSA max volume" had to be explicitly set to 100%.
Hi,

same problem, (no sound with message '...failed to open alsa device...')

I also solved it tweaking in /boot/config.txt (which was empty) copying the content of the default file on git:
https://github.com/moode-player/moode/bl....overwrite

It didn't work, because I apparently need dtparam=audio=off
I reconfigured audio card from moode settings and it changed automatically the setting in config.txt. Note that I previously tried this, but it seems it doesn't write the lines, it only changes them if existing.

I ALWAYS hard-shutdown, since I use an Audiophonics EVO with a PI4 plugged on it, and the power button simply cut the current. I already experienced issues, but in these case Moode wasn't booting at all.

I hope this helps