Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: New install v6, one hour later, Katana dead
I made a new installation with moOde v6.0 and it worked great, superfast....
one hour later....Katana died on me...

I noticed that the status LED flashes at hi speed (10-15 times per second) and I believe it should be lit permanently... Looks like DAC board is not recognized anymore....

........ Sad

EDIT: To be clear about this, it was just the Katana board that died, nothing was caused by moOde 
 :@
Thats odd. My Katana is working fine. It's connected to my Klipsh spearer system and plays from sun up to sun down while I'm coding.

Which status LED are you referring to?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
The status LED on the Micro Controller board.
The only thing I tried out was the change of the MPD version, just to see if I would have problems with the 0.21.13 version. Some time later, headphone started with crackling sound, and 10 seconds later, finished....
Is it possible that you disturbed a connection to Katana when you changed the SD card to install v6.0?
Here's a thread about Katana flashing LED
https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic...-no-sound/
Enjoy the Music!
@jonners : no, I don't think I did. V6 worked fine for about an hour, and all of a sudden, whilest listening to some music, leaned back, eyes closed...crack crack crack in headphone, and then nothing. (BTW, HP still works fine on other source)

@Tim Curtis I'll read it, but don't forget, everything was pre-assembled. I only had to set a jumper to indicate the type of power I was using.
If you look at this capacitor, doesn't it look bumpy to you. I mean, it's not as flat as it should be, IMO. I think it's a bit swollen, and therfore getting bad, no?

Bumpy
It should be perfectly flat. Any bulging is a bad sign.

Allo has a good reputation for customer support so I'd suggest sending them an email about the controller board failure and see what they recommend.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
Will do so.
Meanwhile, no moOde for me....back to my good old BlueSound... :-(
There was a post on the diyAudio Katana thread from someone who had problem with that cap. A picture showed it swollen at the top and leaking yellow liquid.