The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.34 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Qobuz streaming song skipping
Maybe starting from a few weeks ago (or even older), I realized that my Qobuz songs played by the Moode audio seem to skip every 2nd songs. I have investigated this problem and made a small work-around. I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem too. If it is so, I would investigate further and submit a patch to upmpdcli, or something.

Problem observed:
- On play-list: when one song ends, instead of playing next song, it skips that song and play next-next song.
- Once it plays, the song plays till the end without problem.
- But at the end of the song (especially if the song is longer than, say, 3 minutes), it skips another song and play next one.

Direct cause of the problem:
- POST request to Qobuz server drops first POST call, but works correctly on second call.
- (In my environment) this is reliably reproduced, for every first POST call to Qobuz server, after 3 or more minutes of pause.
- This causes /track/getFilUrl POST call (Gets actual stream source from Qobuz server) to fail.
- If the play of the single track fails, it (MPD? upmpdcli?) tries to play next song.
- Next post call proceed without problem, and plays next song.
- Thus it looks like only every other song is being played and every second song is skipped.

Root cause of the problem? -- I don't know.
I wasn't able to determine why this connection error happens. ConnectionError exception from python Rest library (requests), could have been caused by connection reject from Qobuz side. But maybe it is related to my internet provider.

This was a bad thing for me (Moode + Qobuz is my main audio system player), so I've implemented a simple "retry" logic on the upmpdcli-qobuz plug-in to make sure it works correctly on my side. I don't know the root cause, nor if this problem occurs on others or not (e.g. if this is a common problem of the plug-in users.) If this is a more common problem, I would like to investigate further and produce a more root-cause level patch for this. But well, if no one see this problem... I am happy enough since it works for me.

So, let me know if you have any similar problem on your Moode + Qobuz. :-) I will share my simple patch for quick work around, and also will investigate further.

Messages In This Thread
Qobuz streaming song skipping - by gilnoh - 08-10-2019, 08:25 AM
RE: Qobuz streaming song skipping - by gilnoh - 08-11-2019, 01:17 PM