Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Random album script
Hi all

I'm trying to beef up my Denon RC-1173 remote with moOde-tied functionality and would like to set a button queuing up a random album, behaving exactly like the random album icon on the playback panel in the web interface. 
As far as I can tell this is the javascript responsible for the functionality but I don't know how to call it as a script that irexec can run. Could anyone shed some light on this?

/www/js/scripts-library.js lines 654-694
Code:
// Random album instant play (button on Playback panel)

$('.ralbum').click(function(e) {

if ($('.tab-content').hasClass('fancy')) {

$('.ralbum svg').attr('class', 'spin');

setTimeout(function() {

$('.ralbum svg').attr('class', '');

}, 1500);

}

var array = new Uint16Array(1);

window.crypto.getRandomValues(array);

pos = Math.floor((array[0] / 65535) * filteredAlbums.length);

UI.libPos[0] = pos;

UI.libPos[1] = filteredAlbumCovers.map(function(e) {return e.album;}).indexOf(filteredAlbums[pos].album);

var albumobj = filteredAlbums[pos];

storeLibPos(UI.libPos);

LIB.albumClicked = true; // For renderSongs()

// Song list for regular album

clickedLibItem(e, keyAlbum(albumobj), LIB.filters.albums, renderSongs);

var files = [];

for (var i in filteredSongs) {

files.push(filteredSongs[i].file);

}

if (SESSION.json['library_instant_play'] == 'Add/Play') {

mpdDbCmd('playall', files);

}

// Clear/play using add first followed by delete. This approach makes for a smoother visual transition.

else {

var endpos = $(".playlist li").length

mpdDbCmd('addall', files);

setTimeout(function() {

endpos == 1 ? cmd = 'delplitem&range=0' : cmd = 'delplitem&range=0:' + endpos;

var result = sendMoodeCmd('GET', cmd, '', true);

sendMpdCmd('play 0');

}, 500);

}

});
Looking a bit at how irexec works with moode (sends commands to mpc) you probably need additional software like this:

http://lirc.org/html/irxevent.html

It looks like can simulate button clicks by using screen coordinates but it’d be better if keyboard shortcuts were added.
We also have a mechanism (engine-cmd.php) to send commands from the server to the client so in theory it should be possible to use it to provide an interface to the non-MPD features of the UI. There are a lot of moving parts though so not a trivial dev project.

It would be something like below

- LIRC maps button X to command: /var/www/command/new_script.php 'random_album'
- When X is pressed new_script.php executes function sendEngCmd($cmd);
- JS code running in Browser receives 'random_album' command and performs $('.ralbum).click()

Something like that.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Update:

I found a solution much simpler than emulating button presses in X: https://github.com/cbumae/mpdrandom

Calling mpdrandom will select an album at random from the current playlist, and by calling the option -l the script will select, queue and play an album from the entire library.

The script offers a daemon function as well, queuing an entire album when the end of the playlist is reached. I'm an album guy so will replace the ashuffle implementation with this.
Added to TODO list, thanks.

My thought is to change the Auto-shuffle option in Audio Config from ON/OFF to a dropdown that contains

Off
Tracks
Albums
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub