Thank you for your donation!

Problem with Local UI on 3.5 inch TFT display
Hi,

I have bought this 3,5 inch display from ali:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32906213...4c4dC7QVCP

I have followed instructions to install appropriate driver:
https://github.com/goodtft/LCD-show/blob.../README.md

After installing driver, display shows command line, not GUI. Also GUI via web browser is somehow wrong, does not display everything like before and I got this error: MPD error openMpdSock() failed.
Can anybody help?
thanks
If the driver installation altered system files for example /boot/config.txt, /boot/cmdline.txt, /etc/rc.local, ... it might be causing the issues you are experiencing. That would suggest the driver configuration is not compatible with moOde.

Maybe post an issue to the driver maintainers Git repo asking if any Linux boot or startup files are altered.
(08-12-2019, 08:45 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: If the driver installation altered system files for example /boot/config.txt, /boot/cmdline.txt, /etc/rc.local, ... it might be causing the issues you are experiencing. That would suggest the driver configuration is not compatible with moOde.

Maybe post an issue to the driver maintainers Git repo asking if any Linux boot or startup files are altered.

Thanks, I'm going to try it.
@jurkodj

I just looked at the installation instructions on github. 

Among other things, the installation script LCD35-show creates its own config.txt and cmdline.txt files and copies them into /boot, thus replacing moOde's like-named files.

Because of the way the script creates its config.txt and cmdline.txt files, It ought to be possible to modify moOde's instead but I haven't looked at this carefully and I don't have a similar display with which to test the result. 

Regards,
Kent
(08-14-2019, 11:56 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @jurkodj

I just looked at the installation instructions on github. 

Among other things, the installation script LCD35-show creates its own config.txt and cmdline.txt files and copies them into /boot, thus replacing moOde's like-named files.

Because of the way the script creates its config.txt and cmdline.txt files, It ought to be possible to modify moOde's instead but I haven't looked at this carefully and I don't have a similar display with which to test the result. 

Regards,
Kent

Hi Kent,

thanks for your effort. I will try to modify moOde's config and cmdline on fresh installation to test it. The installation script just replace those files, without any backup or care about anything than default Raspbian settings.

thanks
Juraj