Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Bulk saving/loading user-defined radio stations
(08-21-2019, 10:51 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @Im bored

I'm a bit lost here.

You said:
Quote:1. Update to 6.10 via ISO
2. go through and setup manually
3. manually add radio stations and images

What exactly did you do in step 3? 

For each station, did you use the "+" icon in the Radio Directory to open the "New Station" popup and in it enter your station name, URL, Logo, and then hit the "Create" button?  This creates the database entry and the .pls file and copies in the .jpg files.

The "Refresh" button does not enter stations but it does scan the .pls file directory. If you've added your own .pls files to the /var/lib/mpd/music/RADIO directoy and .jpg files to the /var/www/images/radio-logos and ../thumbs directories, then they will show up in the UI after the refresh. However, they will not automagically be entered into the database and my script will not know of their existence. That's spelled out in the comment block at the head of each script.

I don't understand also why you did all this on one moOde player. The point is to be able to save stations which have been created on one player and load them onto others.

As an aside, I can see I made a mistake adding my example tar file. I'll have to modify the repo to hide it in a subdirectory to avoid unnecessary confusion. Also, I need to check savemyradios.py to make sure it doesn't create a tar file if it will be empty.

Regards,
Kent

I originally had 5.3.1 setup and when I moved to 6.1.0 I manually moved my radio stations. Meaning Copy and paste directly into the folder. I currently have 260+ stations so hitting the + every time is not an option. 

The reason I did what I did to one unit was to run a test. It was purely for test purposes.

So the lest step I do is Update MPD database or Re Generate MPD database, doesn't that update the database you are referring to?

I'm sorry if I'm confusing you guys, but I do appreciate yours and Tim's support

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bulk saving/loading user-defined radio stations - by Im bored - 08-21-2019, 11:15 PM