Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Bulk saving/loading user-defined radio stations
@gabeg

There's not really one "correct" procedure. Several possibilities come to mind (all but the last presume some proficiency).

1) from the command line, use scp to copy the file across the LAN to a local directory on another computer. This works in Linux, in the Windows Subsystem for Linux, and I assume also in OS X. It's possible to "push" the file to the other computer by running scp on the moOde player or "pull" it from the moOde player by running scp on the other computer, but the sshd daemon must be running on the other computer for the push mode to work.

2) from the command line, first copy (sudo cp) the file to the /mnt/SDCARD directory (which moOde makes available as a Samba share); then from another computer copy the file across the LAN to a local directory using that computer's file manager or whatever app can mount the moOde share. I can even copy it to my cellphone.

3) if one is available, copy the file across the LAN to a NAS using whatever protocol or tools work best.

4) remove the uSD card from the moOde player and plug it into another computer using an uSD-to-USB adapter (in my case, my laptop has a full-sized SD slot so I use the uSD-to-SD adapter which came with the card); from that computer's command line or using its file manager, copy the file to a local directory. If the other computer is a Windows-based host, then likely the file must have been copied to the /boot directory before shutting down moOde because that directory is in the only partition readily visible in Windows.

I usually use #1 but I do a lot of futzing around for other reasons using #4.

Good luck.

Regards,
Kent

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bulk saving/loading user-defined radio stations - by TheOldPresbyope - 05-11-2020, 02:11 PM