Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Bulk saving/loading user-defined radio stations
Dear Kent, I was happy to find your scripts that you made to export added radio stations from an old moOde system in order to import them back in a new moOde.
The only thing is, and I believe I did everything correctly, I cannot import. The import process stops with an error.
The myradios.tar.gz is 1.8 MB in size and contains 33 .pls files in /RADIO, 28 .jpg files in /logos and 28 .jpg files in /logos/thumbs.
So not a massive list and I presume I could manually add everything back in some time.

I was exporting from moOde 6.4.0 so using your script 1.0 for that, and now use moOde 6.7.1 and of course used script 2.0 for the import.

Results in the ssh session:

pi@moode:~/moode-radio-utils $ chmod +x loadmyradios.py                                           
pi@moode:~/moode-radio-utils $ sudo ./loadmyradios.py
Load user-defined radio stations from myradios.tar.gz  in the current working directory      
Proceed? (y/n): y
adding station 'BLUE BOSSA NOVA'                                                                  
Traceback (most recent call last):                                                                
 File "./loadmyradios.py", line 114, in <module>
   entry['genre'],
KeyError: 'genre'                                                                                 
pi@moode:~/moode-radio-utils $

What could be remarkable, station BLUE BOSSA NOVA is 5th in the list.
So nothing is added to the Radio Stations.
Maybe this is of any help for smoothing the scripts.
I have added the file. Needs to be unzipped first in order to use.

Attached Files
.zip   myradios.tar.gz.zip (Size: 1.74 MB / Downloads: 1)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bulk saving/loading user-defined radio stations - by basmeyer - 10-03-2020, 06:46 PM