Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Bulk saving/loading user-defined radio stations
@basmeyer

I see I didn't explain the script versions very well in my README.md. 

Basically the v1.0 scripts deal with moOde players (r5.3.1 to r6.5.2) which use a particular older database schema for the radio stations and work only with those players. The v2.0 scripts deal with moOde players (r6.6.0 to r6.7.1) which use a newer database schema and work only with these players. 

There is no attempt in the current scripts to migrate between the two schemas. This is why I said of the v2.0 scripts "[N]ot compatible with prior releases of moOde or with myfiles.tar.gz files created using v1.0." It's what I meant by "compatible" in the second possible use-case I listed: "[B]etween moOde players running the same or different, compatible moOde releases." 

The database schema is going to be different yet again in the upcoming moOde r7.0.0 so many folk with a large number of user-defined stations will soon face the same problem you do. 

Let me see if I can come up with a solution which eases some of the pain. Likely it will involve changing the save script to include a script version number in the saved myfiles.tar.gz dataset, changing the load script to check this against the moOde player release number, and adding code to migrate to the newer schema if need be.

This solution would work between players using the same schema, or between a player using an older schema and a player using a newer schema; no backsliding! The values in any new database columns will necessarily be left blank (or whatever is an appropriate default value) and will have to be filled in later using the manual station edit function. An example of this is the new "geo-fenced" entry which will appear in r7.0.0.

Regards,
Kent

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bulk saving/loading user-defined radio stations - by TheOldPresbyope - 10-04-2020, 11:33 AM