Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Multiple Genre Tags
Hi,

Love Moode Audio - especially since v4.0. By far the best RPI player out there IMO.

Are there any plans to support multiple genre tags in future? A substantial chunk of my music collection is difficult to categorise into a single genre and it would also be great to tag with genre/sub-genre, etc.

Apologies if this has been covered but I found nothing searching the forum.

Cheers,

A
Hi,

Here are the tags that MPD supports. Not looking good for Sub-genre...
https://www.musicpd.org/doc/user/tags.html

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(05-07-2018, 12:50 PM)ajz001 Wrote: Hi,

Love Moode Audio - especially since v4.0. By far the best RPI player out there IMO.

Are there any plans to support multiple genre tags in future? A substantial chunk of my music collection is difficult to categorise into a single genre and it would also be great to tag with genre/sub-genre, etc.

Cheers,

A

Your subject says „multiple genre tags“, Tims answer was refering to subgenre tag which is actually not supportet. So those are two different things in my opinion. Did you mean this https://community.mp3tag.de/t/multiple-g...-tag/17159 ? Have to test multiple genres on moode. Goal would be that a file is displayed multiple times for every single genre. lets see if mpd supports this.
(05-07-2018, 12:50 PM)ajz001 Wrote: Hi,

Cheers,

A

Interesting question but there can be no technical solution.

Let me explain,using Richard Strauss' "Also Spracht Zarathustra" (used in the opening title sequence of the film 2001 Space Odyssey).  This is a Tone Poem, but is usually tagged as Classical and could also be tagged as Orchestral, Symphonic, Film Music or anything else that a user perceives it to be.  There is no way any program can automatically determine what you want to listen to by using Genre because there would need to be foreknowledge of your intention.  The issue is not restricted to Classical music, Much of Led Zepplin's songs can be classed as Blues. Heavy Metal, Rock, Progressive or even Folk.  The real problem is that you have not determined how you want to search for your music before tagging it. If it helps, in my case Zarathustra is a Tone Poem and any Led Zeppelin track is Rock, therefore when I search by Genre I know what to expect and it does not matter what anyone else thinks about my categorization.
If it ain't broke fix it until it is.
Yes, MPD supports multiple Genre tags in a file.

Refer to this thread.
http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...150&page=2

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub