Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Unable to access interface
What goes around comes around!

We had a couple of posts about the appropriateness of "Restart" three years ago on the old diyaudio.com thread. Other proposals were "Power", "Shutdown", and "Quit"(like the label on the same icon on my Linux Mint box). Never came to a vote.

Regards,
Kent
(08-17-2019, 01:05 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: What goes around comes around!

We had a couple of posts about the appropriateness of "Restart" three years ago on the old diyaudio.com thread. Other proposals were "Power", "Shutdown", and "Quit"(like the label on the same icon on my Linux Mint box). Never came to a vote.

Regards,
Kent

... so I respectfully submit to the House of MoOde an appropriate Icon which should read (for avoiding any misunderstandings and amassing a large amount of pro-voters) 'SHUTDOWN the POWER for QUITing altogether' Idea Big Grin 

This was my way of saying that I've immediately warmed up to what I believe @TheOldPresbyope has hinted...
(08-18-2019, 08:48 AM)CallMeMike Wrote:
(08-17-2019, 01:05 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: What goes around comes around!

Regards,
Kent

... so I respectfully submit to the House of MoOde an appropriate Icon which should read (for avoiding any misunderstandings and amassing a large amount of pro-voters) 'SHUTDOWN the POWER for QUITing altogether' Idea Big Grin 

This was my way of saying that I've immediately warmed up to what I believe @TheOldPresbyope has hinted...

How about the Windows 95 approach  --- Click the Start button (cue the Rolling Stones) to get to the shutdown selection. 

If I was hinting, it was that users were content to leave it as it is.

Regards,
Kent
This....;-)
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=power+button+i...&ia=images

The word "restart' is not needed in the menu... the icon is sufficient and universally known..... expectation is the icon will lead to power options and that would include restart so having it next to the icon in the menu is obfuscation.
----------
bob