Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

New Raspberry Pi 3A+
Hi Tim,

Have you found the new RPi 3A+ provides any SQ improvement over previous models?

Regards,
Richard
Hi Richard,

I don't have a way ATM to really test that aspect of the 3A+ because it's only one component of a complete audio device.

On paper though it offers some attractive features if one wants less power consumption, lower heat output, fewer circuits on the board, EMI shielding on the RF generating chips, etc :-)

Here's a some info
https://www.raspberrypi.org/magpi/pi-3a-interview/

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Hi Tim,

Thanks for the reply and the link. When 4.4 arrives I will try the 3A+ with both my Allo Boss and Focusrite Solo USB Recording Interface.

Regards,
Richard.
That was quite an old thread but I wonder how to you access to the 3A+ without the IP because you haven't put in the WiFI password? Use the mouse on the GUI shown on HDMI?
(08-20-2019, 08:24 AM)Malefoda Wrote: That was quite an old thread but I wonder how to you access to the 3A+ without the IP because you haven't put in the WiFI password? Use the mouse on the GUI shown on HDMI?

Mouse? GUI on HDMI? Yuck Tongue

If I understand your question right, there are two choices for connecting. 

The default choice is to let a fresh copy of moOde come up in AP mode on the 3A+. Associate a client (I usually use my phone) with the AP, browse to 172.24.1.1, and configure moOde to your heart's content, including setting WiFi credentials. Reboot. This is described in the setup docs.

Alternatively, before you insert the uSD card and boot for the first time, you can write a file "moodecfg.txt" to the boot partition of the card. In the file you can set the WiFi credentials for your LAN, among other things. On first boot, moOde reads this file and configures itself as a WiFi client. This is also described in the setup docs. It only works on first boot.

As I write this, I'm listening to some jazz goodness via moOde 6.1 on a 3A+, feeding my Sennheiser headphones through a USB-BT dongle so I don't disturb my significant other. It took only a few minutes to set up.

Regards,
Kent
All I wanted to know, thanks!
I need to test real world 5GHz WiFi first... but that fast and still low power RPi 3A+ looks great!