Thank you for your donation!

Allo Vana support
Hi Forum -

I have the Allo Vana player.

I was able to get it to technically "function" with the Max2Play software, but it was extremely sluggish and hard to use, so I kind of gave up on it.

I would like to try again with Moode. Can anyone steer me to a installation guide for Allo Vana or a link to an image which will work?

Colin
(08-18-2019, 02:17 AM)colinegreen Wrote: Hi Forum -

I have the Allo Vana player.

I was able to get it to technically "function" with the Max2Play software, but it was extremely sluggish and hard to use, so I kind of gave up on it.

I would like to try again with Moode. Can anyone steer me to a installation guide for Allo Vana or a link to an image which will work?

Colin

ALLO Vana is based on ALLO Sparky Single Board Computer; other SBCs: Raspberry Pi, Odroid, Beaglebone, ASUS Tinkerboard, Orange Pi, etc... MoOde runs on Raspberry Pi Single Board Computers ONLY  hence Sparky is incompatible hardware for MoOde.

From Allo.com: VANA PLAYER consists of Sparky+Kali+Piano2.1+Volt+CM+5VAdapter+Acrylic Case+8 GB SD card ... so replace the Sparky SBC wth a Raspberry Pi SBC and use the rest of the kit to make the unique Allo MoodyPi Player Big Grin  (I am not sure whether the original case will fit the 'new' Player but maybe a bit of handy work could help...)

Even there is/will be an adapted Moode image to run on Allo Sparky this image has to be maintained which is serious commitment business for a very reduced 'market' i.e. not a useful way to make use of one's time... IMHO[url=https://www.allo.com/sparky/microsd-card.html][/url]