Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Car install
Hi,

I am new to the forum and the whole PI world. My current setup rpi3, msata ssd shield 128GB ssd, Allo Kali + Piano 2.1 Moode latest version.

The device works as expected and Moode is very user intuitive and works flawless for my needs. I am trying to keep my setup as simple as possible and looking to install in my car. 

Is anyone else running Moode in a car build I would be grateful for any shared input?

The next step for me is to get a delayed clean shutdown, I have purchased a XY-J05 timer and a relay to hopefully send a shutdown command. But I am a little out of my depth so any advice or point me in the right direction would be great help.

Thanks in advance, Richard

Just a quick update, took me a long time to figure out how.

Very happy with results now have my entire music library in the car, using a iPad mini to control.

If anyone is interested more than happy to post setup. I cannot take any credit for the setup all bits and pieces are taken from other sources to achieve my goal.
I am close to having a working car player using Moode, for mp3's only. I am not able to use the radio stations due to no wifi capabilities in the vehicle, but I see no reason that wouldn't work.
I am using a Pi4 (4gig version, which is over-kill), 7 inch Pi touch screen, HiFi Berry DAC, Mausberry car switch to control clean startup and shutdown of the Pi when the car is started or shutoff.
So far, everything is working on the bench as expected. The case I am using to house the 7 inch touch screen was ordered from Amazon. I don't know how that is going to hold up with the temperature that builds up inside a car.
For starters, I am gonna feed the audio into a Aux port on the vehicle but I may be able to use bluetooth and eliminate the audio cable.
Still a work in progress, but I should have it installed in the vehicle shortly.

Gary
(04-14-2020, 02:58 PM)Big G Wrote: I am close to having a working car player using Moode, for mp3's only. I am not able to use the radio stations due to no wifi capabilities in the vehicle, but I see no reason that wouldn't work.
I am using a Pi4 (4gig version, which is over-kill),  7 inch Pi touch screen, HiFi Berry DAC,  Mausberry car switch to control clean startup and shutdown of the Pi when the car is started or shutoff.
So far, everything is working on the bench as expected. The case I am using to house the 7 inch touch screen was ordered from Amazon. I don't know how that is going to hold up with the temperature that builds up inside a car.
For starters, I am gonna feed the audio into a Aux port on the vehicle but I may be able to use bluetooth and eliminate the audio cable.
Still a work in progress, but I should have it installed in the vehicle shortly.

Gary

Very interesting, Gary. Please keep us informed!