Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Add UPnP Music Source
Code:
pi@moode:~ $ find "/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/" -maxdepth 1 -type d
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/2 albums
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/12 items
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/2 playlists
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/Artist
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/Date
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/All Artists
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/[folder view]
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/.metadata
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/_search
In line with this test I also quickly tested Gerbera; another DLNA server
This one seems to generate the same folders as minidlna
I'll also test buble and put the results up here
Right, this is getting interesting:

I have a licensed BubbleUPNP on my phone. In there you can switch on the DLNA Server, and you can actually tell which folders and type of contents you want to show, and which IP's have access to it. However, the folder names are all different here as well. I will put up a listing here.

Code:
/mnt/UPNP/BubbleUPnP Media Server (F5122)

contains:
'Amazon Cloud Drive'   Dropbox        'Google Music'    Images              Music     'Saved playlists'
Box                  'Google Drive'  'Google Photos'  'Internal storage'   OneDrive   Video

/mnt/UPNP/BubbleUPnP Media Server (F5122)/Music

contains:
Albums  'All tracks'   Artists   Composers   Genres   Playlists  'Various Artists Albums'

/mnt/UPNP/BubbleUPnP Media Server (F5122)/Music/Artists

contains:
'[All albums]'      Beethoven       'Die toten Hosen'  'Linkin Park'          Tiësto
'[All albums]'     'Blank & Jones'   FREIMARKT          Rammstein            '<unknown>'
Anrufbeantworter   Bosse           'Hans Zimmer'      'Rodrigo Y Gabriela'   Ленинград

^notice the "all albums", which would mean here as well you would get all songs doubled up

/mnt/UPNP/BubbleUPnP Media Server (F5122)/Music/Albums

contains:
'- All Albums -'    Interstellar                                   RAMMSTEIN
'Blank & Jones -'  'Made In Germany 1995 - 2011'                   Ringtones
'Blue Planet II'   "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End"     'Tommee Profitt -'
bluetooth         "Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest"   'WhatsApp Audio'
Download          'Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides'

^so doubling here as well...

/mnt/UPNP/BubbleUPnP Media Server (F5122)/Music/All tracks

contains:
<all the songs on the phone> ; no doubling in here

/mnt/UPNP/BubbleUPnP Media Server (F5122)/Internal storage

contains:
<all folders in the home/user folder of android>

I hope this helps.

cheers,

Hendrik-Jan
Yes, helps a lot, thanks :-)
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
I don't think we should have any expectation that we can deal with any and all UPnP Media Servers with a single pattern match. Just in the way MinimServer has accumulated a list of Access Points/Renderers which are known to work with it, we'll have to deal with them as they come.

The basic principle is "all DLNA media servers are UPnP media servers because they are based on the UPnP specs, but a UPnP media server is not a DLNA media server unless it enforces the DLNA agreements." The whole reason for the DLNA agreements was the lack of inter-operability among UPnP-based products.

I dwelled for decades in the world of national and international standards. My favorite sayings were:
  • The wonderful thing about standards is there so many of them.
  • If you don't like this standard, wait thirty minutes and another will come along
  • (treating the standardization process like a poker game) "I'll see your standard and raise you mine."

Regards,
Kent
Messy for sure.

One solution is to implement a simple drill-down folder browser for example:

1) 1st scan lists folders under /mnt/UPNP
2) Select a folder
3) 2rd scan lists the sub-folders under folder
4) Repeat 2 and 3 until correct folder is found
5) SAVE

Something like that.
Enjoy the Music!
Just want to make sure I am following the gist of this thread. Bottom line my use case (workaround for NFS) of UPnP and minimServer as music source with moOde 6.1 is not going to synch up without further coding changes. Is that correct?
Correct. Look for relief in the upcoming 6.2.0 in-place update :-)
Enjoy the Music!
(08-30-2019, 01:22 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Correct. Look for relief in the upcoming 6.2.0 in-place update :-)

Sorry about any extra work, thank you. I have benefited for several years from the development effort and support of the expanding universe of moOdesters . Hope my postings about music synch issues with my demonic Synology NAS have not become tiring or irritating. I know this will get sorted and I am happy to wait until the cows come home.
@Tim Curtis ,

sorry I never went deep enough into this, but doesn't the upnp server send some kind of identifier?
Isn't this something you can "catch" on scan to define which folder/structure you need to get the songs?

gssdp-device-sniffer:

it seems to be called "upnp:rootdevice"

Code:
Headers:

CACHE-CONTROL: max-age=1800
DATE: Fri, 30 Aug 2019 18:25:15 GMT
ST: upnp:rootdevice
USN: uuid:4d696e69-444c-164e-9d41-001e0630ce05::upnp:rootdevice
EXT:
Server: Debian DLNADOC/1.50 UPnP/1.0 MiniDLNA/1.2.1
Content-Length: 0

Hendrik-Jan