Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: V6 & older iPads
I'm sure this is an easy one....

I use two iPads to control my three RPi streamers (3B+ & ZeroW), and have been updating from V5.3.1 to V6.0.

One is an older iPad running IOS 9.3.5 (iPad 2, I think) and the other is a more recent iPad Pro running IOS 12.4. The older iPad is only used for Moode - making some use of old technology!.

Before update all was OK on both iPads.

After update to V6 (& re-gen of library and album icons), the iPad Pro is absolutely fine.

However the older iPad, does not show any of my albums in both "Genre/Artist/Album" or "Albums by Artist" displays, but if I use the "NAS/SDCARD/Default..." screen then the albums do show up. And if I set off something playing from the newer iPad (or indeed from the PC), the older one picks up the fact, and indeed display it correctly on the "Play" screem.

I think I read something in a recent thread about a "new Library loader"? If so, I can understand why it might not like ancient versions of IOS  Big Grin.

The question is whether you can make it backwards compatible, or whether the older iPad has finally reached the end of its useful life and it's time to "pension it off"  (bit like its owner really Big Grin Big Grin ).

Cheers

Chris
Lots of views.......no solutions?
Hi,

The new Lib loader uses the same HTML and CSS for rendering the Library screens as in moOde 5 series.

I'm just guessing but the issue sounds like stale Browser cache on the old iPad's. Try clearing the cache. On my iPad Mini it's in Settings | Safari and is called "Clear History and Website Data"
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
In general we try to not do things that obsolete people’s devices because music control/display function is a good use for an older device but sometimes it happens and can’t be helped. I’m not sure if this can be solved or not, I’ll have to charge up my old iPad 3 to see what’s going on.
UPDATE - It turns out there is a Javascript element in the new Lib loader thats not supported on old Browsers but there appears to be a work around. I'll add it to upcoming moOde 6.2.0 release.

This fix is provided compliments of @swizzle :-)
Enjoy the Music!
Smile 
(08-23-2019, 11:10 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Hi,

The new Lib loader uses the same HTML and CSS for rendering the Library screens as in moOde 5 series.

I'm just guessing but the issue sounds like stale Browser cache on the old iPad's. Try clearing the cache. On my iPad Mini it's in Settings | Safari and is called "Clear History and Website Data"

Tried clearing cache (twice...even with a cold reboot). no change.

I'll wait and see what 6.2 does.  

But it's not a big issue, the old ipad still does the most important thing, which is as a remote monitor (aka "Pip-Boy") for Fallout 4!  Big Grin Big Grin
Now fixed in V 6.2.0.  

Nice one, folks!   So there is life left in them old iThings, after all!

PS I think there's a way of changing the thread title from [PROBLEM]... to [SOLVED]..., but I can't find it! Can somebody point me in the right direction, please.
Just edit your first post. There is a dropdown next to the title that has SOLVED in the list.
Enjoy the Music!
(09-07-2019, 01:04 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Just edit your first post. There is a dropdown next to the title that has SOLVED in the list.

Yup, that works  Big Grin Big Grin