Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Wifi support module 8192eu driver.
Hello i have a TP-Link TL WN823N RTL8192EU dongle and moodeaudio kernel does not enable it.

I follow the instruction every time here there is a new kernel to download the module. It takes few min to do but it would be good that i could do an update over the wifi and not to have to replug the lan to do that.

I believe the module is driver module 8192eu.ko.

install -p -m 644 8192eu.ko /lib/modules/4.19.66+/kernel/drivers/net/wireless

Thanks,
(08-19-2019, 02:09 PM)taiebot Wrote: Hello i have a TP-Link TL WN823N RTL8192EU dongle and moodeaudio kernel does not enable it.

I follow the instruction every time here there is a new kernel to download the module. It takes few min to do but it would be good that i could do an update over the wifi and not to have to replug the lan to do that.

I believe the module is driver module 8192eu.ko.

install -p -m 644 8192eu.ko /lib/modules/4.19.66+/kernel/drivers/net/wireless

Thanks,

The snarky answer is: either use a RPi model with onboard WiFi or use a WiFi dongle known to be supported by Raspbian.

You don't say how you download and burn your moOde image onto a uSD card.

Using a Linux host you can easily download and install the driver to the image either before (harder) or after (easier) it has been burned to the uSD card. I believe but have no way of proving it would be just as easy on a Mac host. Using Windows 10 and the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) it may be possible at least with most recent updates but I haven't tried.

Recognize that at its core this is a question about Raspbian, not moOde. The real solution is to convince the Raspbian maintainers to support more WiFi chips.
Regards,
Kent