Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Moode 7.0 on RPi with HiFiberry and SSD1351 OLED Display
Hello @all,

here is what i use:

Rpi 3b
Hifiberry MiniAmp
Rotary Encoder
OLED Display, 1.5", SSD1351

So, more or less,everthing work fine. I use the luma.oled drivers and the code from:
https://github.com/sharkusk/luma.example...r/examples

My problem is, that the picture from the "station" or "album" is shown in Grayscales
and not in color.Font etc. is displayed in color, so I am sure that the display is working correctly
and the software is running correctly, so I suspect that something needs to be changed in the
sample code to make the display show the color images correctly.

Does anyone have any idea what to look for on the net or what is the reason for this in the example code?
@KlausGünther

I'm not in a position to help since I do not know this code nor do I have a comparable display I can use to test the code. However, there's evidence that the author of the code had problems with rendering color artwork:

Code:
(excerpt from https://github.com/sharkusk/luma.examples/blob/master/examples/moode.py)

# Work around for 1.5" OLED.  Fails due to mode being RGB, but draw requires RGBA
       if device.mode == "1":
           Artwork['img'] = img.resize(newSize).convert("L").convert(device.mode)
       else:
           # RGBA shows blank screen, L shows properly
           Artwork['img'] = img.resize(newSize).convert("L")

I suggest you communicate with this repo's maintainer (sharkusk aka Marcus Kellerman) concerning your coverart.

Regards,
Kent
@KlausGünther

...as a follow-on comment, I just came across these items in the Color Model discussion in the luma-oled documentation.

Quote:Color Model

Any of the standard PIL.ImageColor color formats may be used, but since the SSD1306, SH1106 and WS0010 OLEDs are monochrome,...

There is no such constraint on the SSD1331 or SSD1351 OLEDs, which features 16-bit RGB colors: 24-bit RGB images are downsized to 16-bit using a 565 scheme.

The SSD1322, SSD1325 and SSD1362 OLEDs all support 16 greyscale graduations: 24-bit RGB images are downsized to 4-bit using a Luma conversion which is approximately calculated as follows:

The fact that you are getting greyscale coverart but color alphanumerics suggests to me that, somewhere in the code you are using or in your configuration of it, there is confusion about which driver is being used.

Of course, this is just a conjecture which I can't put to the test because I don't have the requisite hardware.

Regards,
Kent