Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

"Inconsistent" configuration settings menu dialog?
Hi,

is there any reason, why there are two different "configure-modal"-dialogs?

When you open the configuration via Moode-"homepage", Radio stations, Playlist-View etc. you get the following dialog, when you open the menu and select configuration:

When you are already inside of a configuration page and open the configuration dialog via the menu, you only get the following:

I know, that every additional option from the first dialog can be found within the different configuration pages, but in my eyes it would be more consistent to have the same (full) dialog no matter where you open it.

Beside of this, it would be great, if it would be possible to modify the picture of a radio station without deleting and recreating it. Or is there an option and I only did not find it till now?

Kind regards

Georg
@ghoeher

Can't comment on the modal issue but re radio station logo change, I've been working quietly on a modified station edit screen which asks whether to keep current logo or upload new one. This would be my first attempt at a pull request against the GitHub repo, not to mention my first serious foray into the PHP, JS guts of moOde. E.g., not gonna happen overnight.

Regards,
Kent
Kent, thats cool :-)

As far as the Configuration modal goes, its different in the Configs because of a limitation in the code that generates the back link <-

I'd need to rethink how the "back link" code works
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
@TheOldPresbyope : Cool - I'm looking forward for this. Looks like you have the same ideas/needs like I have, but you are already one step ahead and code the solutions by yourself. Unfortunately, I don't have any experience in PHP, JS or Python :-(

@Tim Curtis : Regarding the back link <-, that's another topic I had two or three time in the past. I don't know, what exactly I did, but I navigated to several configuration menus using sometimes the configuration modal dialog and the configuration "tabs" on the top of the screen and also rebooted the system. And in some rare cases, after reboot and "reload" of the screen, the back link button did not work correctly any longer. Please don't ask me, what exactly was the root cause for this, but maybe, there is a possibility to add a "home" link also to the drop down menu?
For the two different modal dialog - if it's to complicated to have the same settings in both places, just leave it as it is. There are most probably several other features on your "ToDo" list which improves Moode much more than having the modal dialog consistent at all places.

Kind regards

Georg