Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Moode 6 sound quality
I've had a listen to 6.3.0 (with the 64bit kernel and the test MPD) and have to say that its pretty good.
And this is coming from a 3.8.81 - 3.8.4 fan. Big Grin
not a lot of time to have fun lately, but i'm VERY surprised by 6.3.0 + raspberry 4 + edwards tweaks + mpd testing.  Heart
(plus a correct eq curve for my system, as long as you don't go over 66 on alsaequal, otherwise it distorts heavily especially on bass)
Has anyone compared 6.4.0 vs 6.3.0?
lol.... have you ?? :-)

Holidays and time on your hands...? ... perhaps you could try and report...
----------
bob
(12-25-2019, 06:20 AM)edwingoh Wrote: Has anyone compared 6.4.0 vs 6.3.0?

Such comparisons are subjective as they rely on the user's personal preferences (music, volume), listening environment and equipment. As @DRONE7 is intimating, now it is the  best time of the year to run personal testing... that is if you can get away from the Christmas dinner and the New Year's celebrations Smile 

Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year !
^  What he said... Big Grin
----------
bob
(12-25-2019, 08:22 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: ^  What he said... Big Grin

Hi everybody, i have a pi3b, i haven't used for a long time due to a house move, 3 years ago, it has been sat in a drawer, have just finished sorting an extension to the house and want a high quality streamer to use their, i remembered the pi , it has a Hi Fi Berry digi plus pro spdif Hat fitted with BNC socket, it is running release 3.1 2016  of Moode , it was used to play Wav files via an off board hard drive, into a twisted pair audio, Buffalo dac.

I would also like to stream Spotify premium to it, am i correct in thinking that to update to latest version of Moode, i will need a newer pi possibly 4, and a new install.

Thanks in advance for any help Chris
You can install lastest moOde version in your pi3b
(01-08-2020, 01:09 PM)rallychief Wrote:
(12-25-2019, 08:22 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: ^  What he said... Big Grin

Hi everybody, i have a pi3b, i haven't used for a long time due to a house move, 3 years ago, it has been sat in a drawer, have just finished sorting an extension to the house and want a high quality streamer to use their, i remembered the pi , it has a Hi Fi Berry digi plus pro spdif Hat fitted with BNC socket, it is running release 3.1 2016  of Moode , it was used to play Wav files via an off board hard drive, into a twisted pair audio, Buffalo dac.

I would also like to stream Spotify premium to it, am i correct in thinking that to update to latest version of Moode, i will need a newer pi possibly 4, and a new install.

Thanks in advance for any help Chris

Hi, Chris.

Yes, you'll need a new install but moOde 6.4.0 works just fine on an RPi3B.

Regards,
Kent
Thanks TookaFace and Kent, am after the very best sound from the setup,for the least cash, would upgrading the pi to a 3b+ or 4 have any benefits sound wise, the Buffalo dac is long gone, i had a thought of of replacing the hi fi Berry digi with something like an Allo Boss master or similar, which would have the added benefit of making a very small item easily hidden, is that likely to be good enough, i would power the pi with an Anker battery pack.

Cheers Chris ,