Thank you for your donation!

Why the choice of Albums by artist
Well i have to say with the new ordering by albums it is still not behaving like others mpd clients, Which is weird. My albums still seems to be ordered by artists .
It’s working for me, did you remember to Save after changing artist to albums?
It would be nice for me too to have the option to sort by "albums".

Since there is no column "composer" (it would be sooooo nice), I added the name of the composer (for classical music, which is 80% of my collection) )to each album name, but it only works well with a sort by "album"
musical regards

y.
(01-03-2020, 11:24 AM)yannig Wrote: It would be nice for me too to have the option to sort by "albums".

Since there is no column "composer" (it would be sooooo nice), I added the name of the composer (for classical music, which is 80% of my collection) )to each album name, but it only works well with a sort by "album"

You do, go to [ Configuration ] > [ Library ] > [ Library Options / Edit ], change Album Grouping to by Album and hit the [ Save ] button.
Well i am back with this issue

I am still not having the sorting by Album that i would hope to see in moode . Moode does something clever whatever i choose and wants to separate the artists from the album.

I would like moode to dispay the result of mpc list Album but moode always displays some albums with multiple  artist. I know some people will tell me to update my tags with various artists but this is not very user friendly. Not everyone as a top notch database of music or want to spend hours renaming files.

This kind of album is displayed over multiple results in moode while it shows nicely on multiple mpd client.

Whats not so user friendly is your view that your broken music collection is a moOde issue. If you don't want to tag it correctly and add cover art then moOde is definitely not the player for you.
Hard but true words. I can highly recommend 'mp3tag'. Add "Various Artists" in the 'Album Artist' field to all your samplers in one go.