Thank you for your donation!

Why the choice of Albums by artist
Try using the Artist field, I always leave the album artist field blank.

In my setup I have track/artist in the title field and various artist in the artist field.
Example

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Open Library Config and delete the Library tag cache.
OK i think there might be a bug with this bit. The Album Artists field must conflict with the Artist field because entering Various Artists do not make it work. I had to remove the Various in the field artists to make it go back to one Album.

I have to say this is becoming quite addictive to clean this library, but it's not a very good first experience. I believe most people (non audiophile) must have a library which resemble mine and I believe they would prefer the album view instead of the album artist view.
(09-09-2019, 04:33 PM)taiebot Wrote: OK i think there might be a bug with this bit. The Album Artists field must conflict with the Artist field because entering Various Artists do not make it work. I had to remove the Various in the field artists to make it go back to one Album.

I have to say this is becoming quite addictive to clean this library, but it's not a very good first experience. I believe most people (non audiophile) must have a library which resemble mine and I believe they would prefer the album view instead of the album artist view.

Apologies once again for jumping in - but can I propose you investigate this:

Do your files include multiple TAG formats - by that I mean ID3v1 and ID3v2.3 or ID3v2.4, etc.

Reason I mention it is because I had a number of files where the 'Album Artist' tag was being ignored, and it turned out that those files included both ID3v1 and ID3.2.3 tags.  

Only the ID3v1 tags were being read during the MPD regeneration/update, and as the 'Album Artist' details were in the ID3v2.3 tags and not in the ID3v1 tags they were being ignored.

Simply deleting the ID3v1 tags from the files solved it.

[Just to conclude by saying that one of the reasons I'm building a MoOde powered player is because of the Album Artist view!
It's surprising how many commercially available players don't have it, and for me it's a must.]
@gbh_uk raises an important point. Many tagging apps have to be told explicitly not to write both an ID3v1 frame at the end of the file and an ID3b2.n frame at the beginning, and that's with MP3 files, for which the ID3 scheme was invented.

Multiple frames in a file may contain the same information but they also can contain entirely different information.

Be especially cautious with FLAC files (my personal favorite). They're supposed to contain their tag values in a VORBIS comment block but we've come across FLAC files which begin with an ID3v2.n frame as well as containing the VORBIS comment block because of the tagging apps. Earlier in the life of this forum we had some real confusion caused by this.

Regards,
Kent
I agree with taiebot - it would be nice to have a Library option to group Albums by Album.
I walked through my collection once some time ago to tag the files - but I did not fill the Album Artist tag. And I don'T want to walk through my collection again, to also set this tag - this is a task for someone who killed his parents ...
This will be addressed in moOde 6.3.0 (October)
http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...0#pid13080

-Tim