Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Wireless stereo pair
Hi.

Does anyone know if it's possible to set up a wireless stereo pair? Such that you have one RB pi playing the left channel and one RB pi right channel, in sync of course.

So you can build a system like Sonos one paired as a stereo pair.
Don't see any advantage to two-pi....same inherent drawbacks only twice the cost...

Now, if you're after better sound and then use something downstream, add an Allo Kali and a Piano Dac.

Use the Piano Dac as dual mono....yes it has two chips for just such a purpose and the configuration comes as a standard moOde setting.
----------
bob
(09-05-2019, 09:16 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: Don't see any advantage to two-pi....same inherent drawbacks only twice the cost...

Now, if you're after better sound and then use something downstream,  add an Allo Kali and a Piano Dac.

Use the Piano Dac as dual mono....yes it has two chips for just such a purpose and the configuration comes as a standard moOde setting.

Ok. But then you have a traditional stereo setup, with a receiver where the two speakers are connected to it with speaker cables. I want to build to speakers that can play as a wireless stereo pair, where you only have to plug-in a power cable in each. Each speaker will have its own RB Pi, DAC and preamplifier and power amplifiers.
(09-08-2019, 07:53 AM)msjensen Wrote:
(09-05-2019, 09:16 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: Don't see any advantage to two-pi....same inherent drawbacks only twice the cost...

Now, if you're after better sound and then use something downstream,  add an Allo Kali and a Piano Dac.

Ok. But then you have a traditional stereo setup, with a receiver where the two speakers are connected to it with speaker cables. I want to build to speakers that can play as a wireless stereo pair, where you only have to plug-in a power cable in each. Each speaker will have its own RB Pi, DAC and preamplifier and power amplifiers.

Why though? If you have a pair of active wireless speakers (like the Kef LS50Ws for example) they don't need two sources, sources connect to the master/controller speaker and you get stereo output.
"Each speaker will have its own RB Pi, DAC and preamplifier and power amplifiers."

Hmmm.... you'll set up stereo 'Pi, DAC and preamplifier and power amplifiers' in each speaker but only use one channel of each install ?
Seems a great waste of resources.... lol Smile

But might be able to be used with shairport in moOde.....
Anyone tried that ??

Or run the moOde Squeezelite renderers and have an LMS server ??
----------
bob
(09-08-2019, 09:25 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: "Each speaker will have its own RB Pi, DAC and preamplifier and power amplifiers."

Hmmm.... you'll set up stereo 'Pi, DAC and preamplifier and power amplifiers' in each speaker but only use one channel of each install ?
Seems a great waste of resources.... lol Smile

But might be able to be used with shairport in moOde.....
Anyone tried that ??

Or run the moOde Squeezelite renderers and have an LMS server ??

Maby a little. But you don't need a wire between the two speakers, and that I what i want  Big Grin
Quote:in sync of course.

Hamlet said it best: "Ay, there's the rub!"
=> But you don't need a wire between the two speakers, and that I what i want

But you need 2 (power) cables to the speaker!
So you can also use an Hifiberry AMP2 (2x30W) with 2 (speaker) cables as well...
... and without the problems you will become with your setup.

Regards
Norbert
(09-08-2019, 10:44 PM)Norbert Wrote: => But you don't need a wire between the two speakers, and that I what i want  

But you need 2 (power) cables to the speaker!
So you can also use an Hifiberry AMP2 (2x30W) with 2 (speaker) cables as well...
... and without the problems you will become with your setup.

Regards
Norbert

I agree. You can always take the easy solution, but if thats not what I want then it's not a solution at all  Shy