Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: USB Audio INPUT
With the Pi4 being so new even RPI foundation are still figuring out what will and won't work....

There is a bit of work happening over at the DIYaudio forum by Charlie Laub and Phofman investigating the usb-gadget possibilities of the Pi4 and it might take some time before any of that becomes clear enough to judge whether inputs would work....

Short answer....Tim's suggestion about turning on Airplay renderer works right now... Smile
----------
bob
(09-07-2019, 01:56 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: With the Pi4 being so new even RPI foundation are still figuring out what will and won't work....

There is a bit of work happening over at the DIYaudio forum by Charlie Laub and Phofman investigating the usb-gadget possibilities of the Pi4 and it might take some time before any of that becomes clear enough to judge whether inputs would work....

Short answer....Tim's suggestion about turning on Airplay renderer works right now... Smile

Understood. Thank you!
So I have a similar use case but using a Linux PC instead of a phone for input.

My moOde is working fine with UPNP, Bluetooth and Spotify. I want to be able to use it for the case where the audio is sent via my PC's USB output and comes to the RPi's USB input. I have tried the USB-C and the normal USB-A inputs and not sure what I should do so that it is recognized as an audio device from my PC. lsusb from RPi does not show the PC and lsusb from my PC does not show the RPi.

in dmesg I see the following:
[24805.006132] usb usb2-port1: config error
[24809.356434] usb usb2-port1: Cannot enable. Maybe the USB cable is bad?
[24813.676479] usb usb2-port1: Cannot enable. Maybe the USB cable is bad?

I have found this: https://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/qu...as-default but not sure if this would lead to something? Given that RPi is available for a while now, maybe there is an update on this.

On the other hand, would a USB sound card which gets analog input from 3.5mm jack work with moOde?
(03-31-2020, 02:08 PM)thege Wrote: So I have a similar use case but using a Linux PC instead of a phone for input.

My moOde is working fine with UPNP, Bluetooth and Spotify. I want to be able to use it for the case where the audio is sent via my PC's USB output and comes to the RPi's USB input. I have tried the USB-C and the normal USB-A inputs and not sure what I should do so that it is recognized as an audio device from my PC. lsusb from RPi does not show the PC and lsusb from my PC does not show the RPi.

in dmesg I see the following:
[24805.006132] usb usb2-port1: config error
[24809.356434] usb usb2-port1: Cannot enable. Maybe the USB cable is bad?
[24813.676479] usb usb2-port1: Cannot enable. Maybe the USB cable is bad?

I have found this: https://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/qu...as-default but not sure if this would lead to something? Given that RPi is available for a while now, maybe there is an update on this.

On the other hand, would a USB sound card which gets analog input from 3.5mm jack work with moOde?

The RPi USB port(s) is looking for a USB storage device... your Linux PC is not a USB storage device. The UPnP connection needs to be set up via the home network or the PC can be set up as a NAS.