Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

6.2 error msg after in place update
(09-07-2019, 01:48 PM)JST1963 Wrote:
(09-07-2019, 12:55 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
Code:
RPI_GPIO_VER=$(grep -iRl "RPi.GPIO-" /usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/ | awk -F "." '{print $3 "." $4 "." $5}' | cut -f 2 -d "-")

Confirmed, (almost) immediately… takes now only 1.527 seconds  Big Grin

Nice :-)
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
New problem rises with system info...

Opening System Info on a mobile phone => layout could be better by shifting text to the left… :-)

Picture of System Info on a Mobile Phone (Android)

J
 :@
Sysinfo is actually designed to output text to the terminal and so to render it in HTML the <pre> tag has to be used. This renders the text as-is.
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs...lement/pre

If Sysinfo were frequently used in mobile scenarios I'd consider rewriting the code for HTML/CSS formatting but I'm guessing it's not used that often.
Enjoy the Music!
Too bad you think like that about this… At the office I use an old mobile phone all the time i.c.w. moOde. Only now I see the problem because I was using portrait mode on my cell.
At the office the old phone is sitting in a sort of docking station, but in landscape mode...

But imho this is what makes your software look professional...
I always figured I'm an outlier but I use the sysinfo function a lot because at any given time I may have three or four players running different hardware/software configs because of tests, etc. I tend to lose track of what hostname I gave each. I just grab whatever computer or mobile device is closest to get the info, anything from a modest-sized mobile phone to a desktop with a large monitor.

@JST1963

Quote:But imho this is what makes your software look professional...

+1 for this. Tim's attention to detail shows up in so many places and like you I think it is a mark of professionalism.

Given his fabled ToDo list, of course, it always comes down to which item should be taken care of today, tomorrow, ....

Regards,
Kent
It's simple really. Just make a strong case that sysinfo should get developer time. its a lot of work to rewrite it and so I need more than just "it looks bad on mobile portrait" which is an infrequent usage scenario.
Enjoy the Music!
Zen...
10 minutes to find the file to be corrected
5 minutes to remove the unnecessary "\t" on each line.
Not bad for a Linux noob like me :-)

Picture of old mobile screen with System Info

Picture of improved mobile screen with System Info

Thx
You're hired! Name your salary ;-)

Yes the tab hack can be done and maybe it's not really necessary after all to rewrite the script to output HTML. I'll take a look.
Enjoy the Music!
With a free lifetime subscription to moOde, I'll be OK...

This is all I did: sysinfo.sh

And in there I also changed microseconds int µseconds to make it fit the width of my cell phone