Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

6.2 error msg after in place update
Shocked 
Ok, did a 6.0 to 6.1 update...  worked great,  nothing noticably wrong.  Did another in place update tonight 6.1 to 6.2...   and got this error msg at the beginning of a  System Info page:
System Information
modprobe: ERROR: ../libkmod/libkmod.c:586 kmod_search_moddep() could not open moddep file '/lib/modules/4.19.66-v7+/modules.dep.bin'
modprobe: FATAL: Module configs not found in directory /lib/modules/4.19.66-v7+
rmmod: ERROR: ../libkmod/libkmod.c:514 lookup_builtin_file() could not open builtin file '/lib/modules/4.19.66-v7+/modules.builtin.bin'
rmmod: ERROR: Module configs is not currently loaded

S Y S T E M    P A R A M E T E R S  

moOde release = 6.2.0 2019-09-05
Raspbian OS = 10.0
Linux kernel = 4.19.66-v7+
Pi model = Pi-3B+ 1GB v1.3
System uptime = up 4 hours, 32 minutes
Timezone = America/Los_Angeles
Current time = 2019-09-06 23:42:38

Etc...  

Everything seems to work,  well I should say the basics I tried out work.  Plays music,  and it does sound great.

Just wondering about what looks like an error, how to check that out, and how to fix if so
System 1. RPi3B (wired):- smooth in-place update from 6.1.0 to 6.2.0. System Info display does not have the message that Jon sees, but does take about 15 seconds to come up, whereas the About display is instantaneous. Both displays were instantaneous on 6.1.0.

System 2. RPiW (wireless):- As above.

System 3. RPI3B+ (wired):- As above.

But the good news is that the "Vintage iPad display" issue is fixed. Nice one!
@JonPike

Did you reboot after updating? 

Regards,
Kent
=> System Info display .... but does take about 15 seconds to come up

Same here on RasPi 3B;

No (other) problems so far.

Regards
Norbert
My Pi 3 refused to boot after an in-place upgrade.

Not sure what went wrong, but rather than waste time I reimaged and reconfigured.

Sounds good so far.

Phil

At a guess, the sysinfo testing takes longer because it now has to fire off a Python process to get the version of the new RPi.GPIO script.

Regards,
Kent
(09-07-2019, 11:52 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: At a guess, the sysinfo testing takes longer because it now has to fire off a Python process to get the version of the new RPi.GPIO script.

Regards,
Kent

A message "Please wait" could help here...
 :@
(09-07-2019, 11:52 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: At a guess, the sysinfo testing takes longer because it now has to fire off a Python process to get the version of the new RPi.GPIO script.

Regards,
Kent

Correct. I'm using the command below to fetch the version. It can take up to 15 secs depending on system speed.
Code:
RPI_GPIO_VER=$(pip3 show RPi-GPIO | grep Version | awk '{ print  $2 }')

It can be replaced with the code below and then it's instantaneous :-)
Code:
RPI_GPIO_VER=$(grep -iRl "RPi.GPIO-" /usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/ | awk -F "." '{print $3 "." $4 "." $5}' | cut -f 2 -d "-")

I'll plan to release a patch update: 6.2.1 to get this and any other fixes out.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(09-07-2019, 07:21 AM)JonPike Wrote: Ok, did a 6.0 to 6.1 update...  worked great,  nothing noticably wrong.  Did another in place update tonight 6.1 to 6.2...   and got this error msg at the beginning of a  System Info page:
System Information
modprobe: ERROR: ../libkmod/libkmod.c:586 kmod_search_moddep() could not open moddep file '/lib/modules/4.19.66-v7+/modules.dep.bin'
modprobe: FATAL: Module configs not found in directory /lib/modules/4.19.66-v7+
rmmod: ERROR: ../libkmod/libkmod.c:514 lookup_builtin_file() could not open builtin file '/lib/modules/4.19.66-v7+/modules.builtin.bin'
rmmod: ERROR: Module configs is not currently loaded

S Y S T E M    P A R A M E T E R S  

moOde release = 6.2.0 2019-09-05
Raspbian OS = 10.0
Linux kernel = 4.19.66-v7+
Pi model = Pi-3B+ 1GB v1.3
System uptime = up 4 hours, 32 minutes
Timezone = America/Los_Angeles
Current time = 2019-09-06 23:42:38

Etc...  

Everything seems to work,  well I should say the basics I tried out work.  Plays music,  and it does sound great.

Just wondering about what looks like an error, how to check that out, and how to fix if so

The kernel version after the update should be 4.19.69 but it's showing 4.19.66 in your sysinfo output. This indicates the update did not complete successfully.

I always recommend monitoring an in-place update via ssh (as stated in the VIEW instructions) to be sure that it completes successfully.

The command is:
Code:
moodeutl -t

Here are the commands to bump the kernel
Code:
# 4.19.69
echo "y" | sudo PRUNE_MODULES=1 rpi-update f8c5a8734cde51ab94e07c204c97563a65a68636

# cleanup
sudo rm -rf /lib/modules.bak
sudo rm -rf /boot.bak
sudo apt-get clean

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(09-07-2019, 12:55 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
Code:
RPI_GPIO_VER=$(grep -iRl "RPi.GPIO-" /usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/ | awk -F "." '{print $3 "." $4 "." $5}' | cut -f 2 -d "-")

Confirmed, (almost) immediately… takes now only 1.527 seconds  Big Grin
 :@