Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: How to auto start a playlist every morning ?
I have recently started using latest moodeaudio on my raspberry pi3 connected to a small blueutooth speaker. I am streaming music from my NAS using the NFS setup. I am quite happy with the setup but I am unable to figure out how to configure the following:

1. An auto start playlist that can start every day at about 7:00AM and end at 9:00AM and load another playlist in the evening at about 8PM and play untill 9PM. There will be about 20 songs in the AM playlist and about 150 songs (can be shuffled) in the PM Playlist.

I have tried the clock radio but it does not seem to do anything, not even playing the one song that I set it up for !

2. Is there an option to load youtube playlists like it can be done in Volumio ? Also the web radio options are quite limited. Can I install additional web radio playlists ?

Thank you very much for looking at my post! Thanks for this wonderful player .. I have moved from volumio because volumio does not seem to do the simple bluetooth audio output properly !
Hi,

- Number 1 would need to be a feature request. I can add to the TODO list but unless there are other requests it won't get much priority.

- I just did a quick Clock Radio test and no issues playing a song file or radio station. The item to be played must exist in the Playlist.

- No option for Youtube playlists but could add to the TODO list if there are more requests for it and someone provides a link to a Git repo that has stable code for the interface.

- What do you mean by "install additional web radio playlists" ?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(09-07-2019, 01:28 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Hi,

- Number 1 would need to be a feature request. I can add to the TODO list but unless there are other requests it won't get much priority.

- I just did a quick Clock Radio test and no issues playing a song file or radio station. The item to be played must exist in the Playlist.

- No option for Youtube playlists but could add to the TODO list if there are more requests for it and someone provides a link to a Git repo that has stable code for the interface.

- What do you mean by "install additional web radio playlists" ?

Thanks a lot for the quick response Tim. You are right, the song file was not on playlist and hence didnt play ! I just checked that it plays if its on the playlist already. In my opinion, this clock radio menu option should not be shown on items not on playlist or adding a file onto clock radio must automatically add it on to the playlist.

I am glad you will add items 1 & 2 into your TODO List. Hopefully, more people will need atleast the number 1 item so it gets implemented, fingers crossed. But untill this gets implemented, is there a workaround I can use ? something like a cron job/shell script that will create a playlist and start playing at a certain time etc ?

About the web radio playlists, I have used a few indian web radios while on volumio. NDTV news/Bollywood Mix/ some indian FM Radios. How do I get these radios on moodeaudio ?
Just switch to the Radio view and then click the + to add a station.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(09-07-2019, 11:44 AM)shadowplayer Wrote: 1. An auto start playlist that can start every day at about 7:00AM and end at 9:00AM and load another playlist in the evening at about 8PM and play untill 9PM. There will be about 20 songs in the AM playlist and about 150 songs (can be shuffled) in the PM Playlist.
 You can do it with crontab