Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

6.2 error msg after in place update
(09-07-2019, 01:02 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The kernel version after the update should be 4.19.69 but it's showing 4.19.66 in your sysinfo output. This indicates the update did not complete successfully.

I always recommend monitoring an in-place update via ssh (as stated in the VIEW instructions) to be sure that it completes successfully.

The command is:
Code:
moodeutl -t

Here are the commands to bump the kernel
Code:
# 4.19.69
echo "y" | sudo PRUNE_MODULES=1 rpi-update f8c5a8734cde51ab94e07c204c97563a65a68636

# cleanup
sudo rm -rf /lib/modules.bak
sudo rm -rf /boot.bak
sudo apt-get clean

-Tim

OK,  back to my OP'ish desires...   ;-)

So,  yes I did reboot,  the problem stayed...  and since it was an unsuccessful kernel update, I guess that would be expected.

Tim,  I usually do watch an upgrade... but this last time it was inconvenient, and I just waited a goodly amount of time.  (Maybe not!)
Did the above commands,  and the moodeutl -t,  saw the below:

Quote:pi@moode:~ $ echo "y" | sudo PRUNE_MODULES=1 rpi-update f8c5a8734cde51ab94e07c204c97563a65a68636
 *** Raspberry Pi firmware updater by Hexxeh, enhanced by AndrewS and Dom
 *** Performing self-update
 *** Relaunching after update
 *** Raspberry Pi firmware updater by Hexxeh, enhanced by AndrewS and Dom
 *** Your firmware is already up to date

And, without fanfare... I am running the 4.19.69 v7+ kernel,  and no more funny error msg in System Info.   I wish I could tell you if it was a real problen in the in place upgrade,  vs something I did (or the network did) to screw it up.  Might just download the whole thing and reflash whole,  to be on the paranoid side,  but nothing new has presented as a problem.

Was about to tear into my system to put in that faster read command,  but realized it's midnight already.   My Pi 3B+,  takes at least 8 sec,  BTW...   Wouldn't mind finally being able to read the system info in hand held phone mode as well... that's been a tiny irritant for a long time.  Maybe later, maybe I'll wait for 6.2.1
(09-10-2019, 07:17 AM)JonPike Wrote: OK,  back to my OP'ish desires...   ;-)

Sorry about stealing your thread  Blush
 :@