Thank you for your donation!

Allo USBridge Signature
(02-27-2021, 06:25 PM)Mark Dirac Wrote:
(02-27-2021, 05:33 PM)HungarianPal Wrote:
(02-27-2021, 05:23 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Are u using official moOde 7.0.1 from moodeaudio.org?

I don't even know how to check the version number.

Not obvious:
M menu (top right) > configure > system. Then back to M menu again and select system info.

I would be surprised if Allo are shipping moOde 7.0.1   They seem to ship an arbitrary release from many months ago. In December is was v6.4.0 - I doubt it has changed.

Yup.

Code:
Index of /Allocom/moode
[ICO]    Name    Last modified    Size    Description
[PARENTDIR]    Parent Directory         -    
[DIR]    4.14.92-OS/    2019-11-04 06:12    -    
[   ]    info    2020-02-05 00:33    166    
[   ]    moode-r610-iso.7z    2019-09-20 05:35    1.0G    
[   ]    moode-r640-iso.zip    2020-02-04 23:44    1.5G
(02-27-2021, 06:25 PM)Mark Dirac Wrote:
(02-27-2021, 05:33 PM)HungarianPal Wrote:
(02-27-2021, 05:23 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Are u using official moOde 7.0.1 from moodeaudio.org?

I don't even know how to check the version number.

Not obvious:
M menu (top right) > configure > system. Then back to M menu again and select system info.

I would be surprised if Allo are shipping moOde 7.0.1   They seem to ship an arbitrary release from many months ago. In December is was v6.4.0 - I doubt it has changed.

Thanks a lot. I have checked that menu on the right many times but never when I was in System.
You are right. I have 6.4.0 from 24.11.2019.
I am  not sure I want to update because the system is up and working wonderfully now. I have read a lot about this linux kernel change that affects a lot of DAC's DSD playback so many people are even advised to go back to an earlier version of moOde and not update. 
One more thing. In System I saw something: File system has not been expanded. What does it mean? Should I click EXPAND?
"I'm not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
There are a ton of bugs in the outdated moOde version your are using including bugs in how DSD is handled and reported. Dev support and bug fixes are only provided for the latest version of moOde.

There is simply no truth to the statement "linux kernel change that affects a lot of DAC's DSD playback so many people are even advised to go back to an earlier version of moOde". In fact it's just the opposite. The newer 5.4.y kernel used in moOde 7 series has much better support for DSD capable devices.
(02-27-2021, 08:13 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: There are a ton of bugs in the outdated moOde version your are using including bugs in how DSD is handled and reported. Dev support and bug fixes are only provided for the latest version of moOde.

There is simply no truth to the statement "linux kernel change that affects a lot of DAC's DSD playback so many people are even advised to go back to an earlier version of moOde". In fact it's just the opposite. The newer 5.4.y kernel used in moOde 7 series has much better support for DSD capable devices.

Thanks for the clarification. I'll buy a new SD card and flash the latest version of moOde on it. This way I will have the confidence to go on as I'll have a backup of the working old version.
Any recommendation on the card? Samsung ultra Class 10? 16GB?
Samsung EVO or Sandisk Ultra uSD cards area a good choice... 16 GB at least
(02-28-2021, 10:03 AM)CallMeMike Wrote: Samsung EVO or Sandisk Ultra uSD cards area a good choice... 16 GB at least

Thanks. That's what I am eyeing.
(02-28-2021, 10:21 AM)HungarianPal Wrote:
(02-28-2021, 10:03 AM)CallMeMike Wrote: Samsung EVO or Sandisk Ultra uSD cards area a good choice... 16 GB at least

I've found these recommended brands/models to perform well and to last forever (if the cat doesn't find it or I inadvertently step on it!). 

In truth, though, 8 GB is plenty of room. Trouble is, it's getting harder to find small capacity cards at a good price so go with the flow.

Certainly moOde will work fine with larger capacity cards but I recommend you don't fall into the trap of hosting your entire music collection on the system card just because you have the space. You'll hate yourself the next time you have to reflash the card.

Regards,
Kent
(02-28-2021, 02:54 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(02-28-2021, 10:21 AM)HungarianPal Wrote:

I've found these recommended brands/models to perform well and to last forever (if the cat doesn't find it or I inadvertently step on it!). 

In truth, though, 8 GB is plenty of room. Trouble is, it's getting harder to find small capacity cards at a good price so go with the flow.

Certainly moOde will work fine with larger capacity cards but I recommend you don't fall into the trap of hosting your entire music collection on the system card just because you have the space. You'll hate yourself the next time you have to reflash the card.

Regards,
Kent

Thanx for the confirmation and advice.