Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Allo USBridge Signature
(12-29-2020, 04:31 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 04:03 PM)Tom Traubert Wrote: I encountered this curiosity when searching for the USBridge Sig. on my network.

The USBridge is running moode, but it shows up as Volumio when I run the search using fing. I never had Volumio, mostly because of laziness, and the general message that moode offers the best sq.

Any idea why moode should identify itself as Volumio?

That’s not moOde identifying itself. It’s Fing guessing at what’s on the other end of the discovered IP connection.

I don’t know what algorithm Fing uses but it gives all kinds of interesting names to the hosts on my network. I can “explain” some and not others. At a guess, the app includes a table of information culled from other Fing users.

Regards,
Kent
Hi Kent,

Sounds likely. :-) user-data-collection-confusion.

Happy New Year.

Best wishes 
Jacob
USBridge Sig. w. Nirvana SMPS, Supra USB, Soncoz La-qxd1, Allo Rev. w. Shanti LPSU, Black Rhodium opera interconnect w. Eichmann silver bullet plugs, Densen B-150xs, Duelund 12ga, Philharmonic Audio BMR monitor.
@ Tim and others - clean USB output V/A settings possible?

I wonder, if there is a way to change the voltage/milli-amp of the 5V of the clean USB out ?
Is there a kind of low/high setting possible in the OS?

After having occasionally a loss of USB connection to my Chord Mojo DAC (which I described earlier) and getting a kind of "white noise" I have tested the connection from the Allo USBridge Sig. via my JCAT USB cable into my Intona USB Isolator to a RME ADI2 DAC. 

I do not get a sync and signal at all, when the Intona Isolator is in between. Without the Intona they connect fine.

The Intona USB Isolator sepcs are:
Input voltage max=6V, min=4,5V
current consumption = 140mA
Output voltage max=5V, min 4,5V
Output current nom. 300mA, max 500mA, efficiency 90%

Based on that experience I assume the output of the Allo USBridge Sig clean USB port is a bit weak.
When I use my MacBookPro instead of the Allo I do not have this problem.

Thx.
Prolly best to ask Allo about voltages on the SIG's USB ports.

One test you could try is to connect to one of the front USB ports on the SIG and see if the issue still occurs.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
hey all i have the Allo USBridge Signature with Shanti psu and moode-r701-iso installed. i use an Oktoresearch dac8 PRO connected to the clean USB of the Allo.
the strange thing is that the dac8 supports DSD nativ up to DSD128 and DoP64 but when i play and DSD64 for example the output is listed as:

INPUT / OUTPUT
SourceNAS/Mukke/DSD Direct/Tests/Colom_Sonate-in-C-Major DSD64 DSD128 DSD256/DSD64 Colom_Sonate-in-C-Major-K545_2ch64.dsf
Encoded at DSD64, 1 bit, 2.822 MHz Stereo
Decoded to PCM, 32 bit, 192 kHz, Multichannel, 49.152 Mbps
DestinationLocal
Output rate32 bit, 192 kHz, Multichannel, 49.152 MbpsDSP OPERATIONS
Resample rate off
Selective rate off
Resample quality off
Volume mixerSoftware (MPD)AUDIO DEVICE
Device DAC8PRO
Mixer name DAC8PRO
Interface USB
FormatsS16_LE, S32_LE, SPECIAL, DSD_U32_BE
PlatformAllo USBridge SIG [CM3+ Lite 1GB v1.0]

and on the Display of the dac8 PRO 192kHz 24bit PCM

hmmm any idea why moode is resampling it and not output direct DSD?

cheers and thx Janosch
Formats indicate DSD_U32_BE which indicates native DSD was detected by ALSA. Check MPD settings to see if "DSD support" is set to "Native DSD (Default)".
Enjoy the Music!
Hey tim i checked in DSD Support both Native DSD and DoP over PCM both with the same result on the dac8 pro its read as 192 kHz and 24bit :/ i also wrote oktoreserch an email perhabs they know whats wrong Smile

cheers and thx janosch
(01-24-2021, 08:56 PM)janosch simon Wrote: hey all i have the Allo USBridge Signature with Shanti psu and moode-r701-iso installed. i use an Oktoresearch dac8 PRO connected to the clean USB of the Allo.
the strange thing is that the dac8 supports DSD nativ up to DSD128 and DoP64 but when i play and DSD64 for example the output is listed as:

INPUT / OUTPUT
SourceNAS/Mukke/DSD Direct/Tests/Colom_Sonate-in-C-Major DSD64 DSD128 DSD256/DSD64 Colom_Sonate-in-C-Major-K545_2ch64.dsf
Decoded to PCM, 32 bit, 192 kHz, Multichannel, 49.152 Mbps
DestinationLocal
Output rate32 bit, 192 kHz, Multichannel, 49.152 MbpsDSP OPERATIONS
Resample rate off
Selective rate off
Resample quality off
Volume mixerSoftware (MPD)AUDIO DEVICE
Device DAC8PRO
Mixer name DAC8PRO
Interface USB
FormatsS16_LE, S32_LE, SPECIAL, DSD_U32_BE
PlatformAllo USBridge SIG [CM3+ Lite 1GB v1.0]

and on the Display of the dac8 PRO 192kHz 24bit PCM

hmmm any idea why moode is resampling it and not output direct DSD?

cheers and thx Janosch

Try disabling the software volume mixer in MPD (don't forget to SAVE).
This isn't going to help but thought I'd throw out a counterexample anyway.

Khadas Tone Board connected to an RPi4B/2GB

Code:
Input / Output
Source NAS/OMV-MUSIC/DSD64Evaluation/07 - David Elias - Acoustic Trio - Rodeo On A Ridge (DSD64).dsf
Decoded to DSD bitstream, 5.645 Mbps
Destination Local
Output rate DSD bitstream, 5.645 Mbps

DSP operations
Resample rate off
Selective rate off
Resample quality off
Volume mixer Software (MPD)

Audio Device
Device Khadas Tone Control
Mixer name Khadas Tone Control
Interface USB
Formats S16_LE, S32_LE, SPECIAL, DSD_U32_BE
Platform Pi-4B 2GB v1.1

Candidly, DSD is just a novelty for me, but I can't wait to hear an explanation for your result.

Regards,
Kent
Just a WARNING that MPD Software volume is same as 0dB for native DSD bitstreams. When you bump Software volume to >= 1 you get 0dB (100%) volume output :-0 This is because MPD has no algorithm for attenuating volume of a DSD bitstream. It has to be done downstream by another volume control.

Some DAC's typically those based on ESS Sabre chip make use of the chips capability to attenuate volume of DSD bitstream. The drivers for these DAC's expose this capability as an ALSA hardware volume mixer. This shows up in the "Mixer type" list in moOde MPD config as "Hardware". The "Hardware" setting allows moOde volume knob to attenuate native DSD bitstream.
Enjoy the Music!
i tried the volume mixer disabled and got the same result on interessing thing was that i got with DoP for a split second DSD on the display Smile so guess its more on the Oktoreaserch side hmm but the combo in gerneral sounds amazing!!!!