Thank you for your donation!

Allo USBridge Signature
Just a WARNING that MPD Software volume is same as 0dB for native DSD bitstreams. When you bump Software volume to >= 1 you get 0dB (100%) volume output :-0 This is because MPD has no algorithm for attenuating volume of a DSD bitstream. It has to be done downstream by another volume control.

Some DAC's typically those based on ESS Sabre chip make use of the chips capability to attenuate volume of DSD bitstream. The drivers for these DAC's expose this capability as an ALSA hardware volume mixer. This shows up in the "Mixer type" list in moOde MPD config as "Hardware". The "Hardware" setting allows moOde volume knob to attenuate native DSD bitstream.
i tried the volume mixer disabled and got the same result on interessing thing was that i got with DoP for a split second DSD on the display Smile so guess its more on the Oktoreaserch side hmm but the combo in gerneral sounds amazing!!!!
Maybe a USB cable issue or physical issue with the USB port on either the SIG or the DAC ?? You might want to take a magnifying glass and light and look into the USB connectors and ports to see if the 4 contacts are all OK. I had this problem once in the past with bent contact strips in a USB port that caused intermittent signal loss :-0
(01-25-2021, 02:57 PM)janosch simon Wrote: i tried the volume mixer disabled and got the same result on interessing thing was that i got with DoP for a split second DSD on the display Smile so guess its more on the Oktoreaserch side hmm but the combo in gerneral sounds amazing!!!!

I've seen where some DACs don't like any switching back and forth between native DSD and DoP, it is usually a good idea to break and make the physical USB cable connection after changing that setting, forcing a new handshake.
meh just tried it with Jriver on my old workstation and with DoP64 it works i got in the display on the dac8 Pro DoP 64 Smile BUT the sound was beyond crap noise ratteling sounds then i tried an 44khz 24bit audio file Foxes - Clarity (Live) and with the Allo Combi and Moode i got the whole song goosebums Smile the pc sounds sooooooo dull lifeless crazy ...could not be more happy with my setup and at the moment im testing it with just a cheap headphone (beyerdynamics DT770 Pro 250ohm) out of the dac8 pro headphone output so much potential to get the sound even better Smile

But if i could get DSD64 and DSD128 out of moode the world would be complte Big Grin
Detecting native DSD is not done by moOde code but rather by Linux ALSA and Linux kernel.

The USB chipset in the audio device might need special vendor id settings in Linux kernel usb audio quirks file.
https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/blo...b/quirks.c

Just search the file for "dsd" to get a feel for what I mean.
yeah that could be the problem guess that the asio driver for windows know that id i just wrote okto to ask for their usb_id when i get it can i then forward it to you and you include it in that quirks.c? Smile im not fit at coding at all Big Grin
cheer and thx janosch
(01-25-2021, 03:53 PM)janosch simon Wrote: meh just tried it with Jriver on my old workstation and with DoP64 it works i got in the display on the dac8 Pro DoP 64 Smile BUT the sound was beyond crap noise ratteling sounds then i tried an 44khz 24bit audio file Foxes - Clarity (Live) and with the Allo Combi and Moode i got the whole song goosebums Smile the pc sounds sooooooo dull lifeless crazy ...could not be more happy with my setup and at the moment im testing it with just a cheap headphone (beyerdynamics DT770 Pro 250ohm) out of the dac8 pro headphone output so much potential to get the sound even better Smile

But if i could get DSD64 and DSD128 out of moode the world would be complte Big Grin

When you described the output as "beyond crap noise ratteling sounds" when playing DSD material, I immediate think jRiver may be modifying the bit stream---perhaps applying software volume control? DSD must be passed through unmodified.

I just googled your DAC; it looks awesome.

Regards,
Kent
(01-25-2021, 04:54 PM)janosch simon Wrote: yeah that could be the problem guess that the asio driver for windows know that id i just wrote okto to ask for their usb_id when i get it can i then forward it to you and you include it in that quirks.c? Smile im not fit at coding at all Big Grin
cheer and thx janosch

Our project does not maintain the Linux kernel. It's the responsibility of the audio device vendor to interact with Linux kernel maintainers if there are compatibility issues.