Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Volume Control via Sonata, ncmpcpp, Rigelian
So I have a weird problem and it seems to be new to 6.2. I have volume control set to software for MPD and this used to work in previous versions. When I change volume via Sonata or ncmpcpp or Rigelian (I’m a bit manic when it comes to how I control this) it changes for a second or two and then goes back to whatever is configured via the browser controls. If I change it in the browser, all the other remote MPD control apps update the volume, but if another app (Sonata, ncmpcpp or Rigelian) changes the volume, it goes up or down for a few seconds and then straight back to the web browser setting.

I’ve tried making sure all connections are closed to moode (close Sonata, ncmpcpp and Rigelian and the web interface), but nothing I do seems to make a difference - the only sure way to control volume is through the web interface. Is this normal?
If you want the knob to be updated then either of the two methods below can be used. If you just want to set MPD volume and don't care whether the knob is updated then you can use MPC or you can telnet directly to MPD.

/var/www/vol.sh up 1
http://moode/command/?cmd=vol.sh up 1
/var/www/vol.sh --help

I have no idea what those other app use so can't offer any help.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
I actually don’t care if the knob on the webui is updated - these other apps are successfully changing the volume, but then something comes back and sets it back to the webui volume. I may try 6.1 to see if I can reproduce it.
so I figured it out- I had recently enabled Spotify and once I disabled that all external apps could successfully control the volume. It seems that the Spotify service likes the volume to be whatever the webui is set to.