Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

What GPIO pin to be used for Moode
I am assembling Soekris DAM1021 with rpi. I don't find any clear guidelines as how to connect rpi i2s with dam1021 to use Moode player. Can someone please guide me, what are the GPIO pins to be used. Do I need to use any code/script to activate the connectio.  Best regards
(09-16-2019, 11:29 AM)daniel4381 Wrote: I am assembling Soekris DAM1021 with rpi. I don't find any clear guidelines as how to connect rpi i2s with dam1021 to use Moode player. Can someone please guide me, what are the GPIO pins to be used. Do I need to use any code/script to activate the connectio.  Best regards

Google is your friend. When I searched on "Soekris DAM1021 with rpi" the first result was Queries on Soekris DAM1021 module and Raspberry Pi.

"Soekris DAM1021/1121" is one of the choices for i2s audio device in moOde Audio Config page so just follow normal setup procedure.

Regards,
Kent
Just remember that if U.FL cables are not used for the I2S cable assembly then audio distortion is likely.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(09-16-2019, 01:15 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Just remember that if U.FL cables are not used for the I2S cable assembly then audio distortion is likely.

Thanks for the suggestion. Please forgive my ignorance,  I am a novice. I coubd not find U.FL cable at my area.  Is it shielded cable you are talking about? I am using a i2s switch to switch between USB and rpi. Do I have to use shielded cable for all the i2s connections?
(09-16-2019, 11:58 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 11:29 AM)daniel4381 Wrote: I am assembling Soekris DAM1021 with rpi. I don't find any clear guidelines as how to connect rpi i2s with dam1021 to use Moode player. Can someone please guide me, what are the GPIO pins to be used. Do I need to use any code/script to activate the connectio.  Best regards

Google is your friend. When I searched on "Soekris DAM1021 with rpi" the first result was Queries on Soekris DAM1021 module and Raspberry Pi.

"Soekris DAM1021/1121" is one of the choices for i2s audio device in moOde Audio Config page so just follow normal setup procedure.

Regards,
Kent

Thanks for the help, I have understood the settings.
(09-16-2019, 06:29 PM)daniel4381 Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 01:15 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Just remember that if U.FL cables are not used for the I2S cable assembly then audio distortion is likely.

Thanks for the suggestion. Please forgive my ignorance,  I am a novice. I coubd not find U.FL cable at my area.  Is it shielded cable you are talking about? I am using a i2s switch to switch between USB and rpi. Do I have to use shielded cable for all the i2s connections?

I would suggest asking on the Soekris thread at diyAudio.
https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/vendor-s...4-khz.html

Here is an example uf U.FL interconnect between Pi and DAC using parts from @iancanada.
https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-...r-367.html
https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group-bu...y-243.html

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub