Thank you for your donation!

Problem: update and minor question
Hi

new with moode and it's  great success with my setup compared with other solutions as picore or volumio.
sound is really very good with my signature player from allo. (RPI 3 B+)
many thanks to you guys
by the way i have made a donation to help the project

i have some questions (?) :

1/ it's very difficult to use an android with browser (mozilla or chrome), due to screen design of course, but also very bad response time and stability with my motorola z play android 8.
what should be your advice to pilot from an android if available ?

2/ From a W10 pc it's very efficient. i think about something like a MS surface should be optimum to drive ?

3/ i have sometimes a problem with the artist column. for some selection, i have a bad refresh eating the beginning of the artist name column

4/ play list : from my point of vue, it should be nice, adding a file to favorites playlists, to be able to choose the playlist among the existing, or create a new.

5/ updates : 630 check update doesn't work for me , perhaps because it's very fresh new version ?

6/ Huh  library update : i use a synology ds116 with last dsm 6.2 SMB . 
when i add files, i can see them in the file view of moode (nas folder)after an update folder (right click).
But i am unable to see them in the other tab of moode !
permissions seems to be ok on my nas.
user has read write permissions, even in advanced rights on the shared folder.
can't understand what's missing,

sorry it's a lot for a first post !
regards
pierre

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Quote:5/ updates : 630 check update doesn't work for me , perhaps because it's very fresh new version ?

Yes, download 6.3 and burn a new sd card.
An in-place update is in the works.
http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...0#pid13540
Hi OP,

#1..
It seems the speed of the web interface is really down to the speed of the device that's running the web browser and how much metadata is in your library. I have a fairly large digital collection (about 7500 albums or ~79000 tracks) and the Moode web interface can chug a bit on mobile devices.
My main control surface in my listening room is a 10" Huawei tablet (Quad-core 1.4GHz processor) and I also use my Samsung Galaxy S9 (Octa-core 4x2.7GHz & 4x1.8GHz processor) and I've settled on using Samsung's own Samsung Internet Browser even on the Huawei tablet (it's avaliable on the Play Store). Why? here's what I've tried...

Firefox: Is always my preferred web browser but it won't do proper full screen browsing so a "control surface" type interface is just no good when you have an address bar at the top using up screen space.
Chrome: Can do full-screen if you add a link as a shortcut to the home screen and launch from there, problem is that if you at any point input something (like when entering a search term) a warning bar comes down about the site not being encrypted and won't go away. Also uses more battery life than the others here.
Volumio app: A paid-for app that's intended for controlling Volumio which is always full-screen, also relays the Android device's volume buttons to Volumio but this doesn't work on Moode's interface. Not free and not as quick as the following Chromium based browser.
Samsung Internet Browser (based on Chromium): Does full-screen, as with Chrome add a Moode shortcut to the Home screen and the shortcut will launch fullscreen and it won't come up with security errors like Chrome.
So Samsung's Chromium-based browser is actually noticeably faster for me at running the Moode interface than both Firefox and Chrome and has made Moode more usable for me without having to go and buy a faster tablet or using an mpd client. I believe the LG browser that comes on LG Android devices is also based on Chromium so should be the same.

For your #6, just seems like you need to delete the library cache so your web browser reloads the metadata. In the web interface go to [Configure] > [Library] and under [Album and Tag Views] hit the DELETE button for the Library tag cache.
This will normally just happen on it own after a bit (you'll notice the browser shows "Loading Data" when you go to the metadata view) but the above will force this cached data to be reloaded straight away.

Hope that helps
(10-07-2019, 05:59 AM)PYC57 Wrote: Hi

new with moode and it's  great success with my setup compared with other solutions as picore or volumio.
many thanks to you guys

1/ it's very difficult to use an android with browser (mozilla or chrome), due to screen design of course, but also very bad response time and stability with my motorola z play android 8.

2/ From a W10 pc it's very efficient. i think about something like a MS surface should be optimum to drive ?

3/ i have sometimes a problem with the artist column. for some selection, i have a bad refresh eating the beginning of the artist name column

4/ play list : from my point of vue, it should be nice, adding a file to favorites playlists, to be able to choose the playlist among the existing, or create a new.

From the ellipsis menu - Set Favorites

5/ updates : 630 check update doesn't work for me , perhaps because it's very fresh new version ?

An in-place update is in the works but might be a while

when i add files, i can see them in the file view of moode (nas folder)after an update folder (right click).

The Library Tag and Album views use the Genre, Artist, Album, AlbumArtist tags in the song files to render the lists. If the tags don't exist in the files or the tags don't conform to the various format standards then the Tag and Album views will be incomplete.

The views may also be incomplete if before MPD Update finished, you switched from the Library Config screen to Playback or any of the views. If this is the case then simply open Library Config and DELETE the Library tag cache.

regards
pierre
(10-07-2019, 01:18 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(10-07-2019, 05:59 AM)PYC57 Wrote: Hi

many thanks to you guys

From the ellipsis menu - Set Favorites

An in-place update is in the works but might be a while

The Library Tag and Album views use the Genre, Artist, Album, AlbumArtist tags in the song files to render the lists. If the tags don't exist in the files or the tags don't conform to the various format standards then the Tag and Album views will be incomplete.

The views may also be incomplete if before MPD Update finished, you switched from the Library Config screen to Playback or any of the views. If this is the case then simply open Library Config and DELETE the Library tag cache.

regards
pierre

thanks for your reply   Smile

1/ i think i will use surface or something like, even not cheapest, cause the browsing speed seems to be perfect frim windows

2/ ellipsis menu : not sure what it is (sorry for limited knowledge and vocabulary...)  look at the picture, imagine i have three differents playlists 1, 2 , 3 what i dream about is to have the ability earing a track to send it in one of th three without having to be sure of the name. so to see a combo with 1,2,3, new in it and select. i haven't found this yet ?

3/ updating files : i will take a little time to check but in fact all my files are ripped the same way with eac. and the files i can't have are only the last update. for the first import i have all of them. so i think about some vicious parameter missing somewhere in my setup. but i will have a look

4/ in place update : i will wait for this. i use emmc (black chip) and it's not easy to have direct connection to my pc or laptop to write on it. with usual plastic  adapter, the connection isn't done. if you know something reliable...

5/ new one even if i am not sure it's possible.  when i browse in the menu view, i see the files with the complete file path  c:\..........toto.wav
is it possible to see only toto.wav. perhaps a parameter in my nas ?

regards

Pierre

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Are all your files .wav format?
(10-07-2019, 02:00 PM)PYC57 Wrote: thanks for your reply   Smile

1/ i think i will use surface or something like, even not cheapest, cause the browsing speed seems to be perfect frim windows

Of course, a PC with a significantly faster Intel x86 processor is going to run the Moode interface much quicker than a mobile device, nothing to do with the OS.

5/ new one even if i am not sure it's possible.  when i browse in the menu view, i see the files with the complete file path  c:\..........toto.wav

I'm assuming your NAS is running Windows hence the drive letter? This will be down to how you've created the file share. Share out your Music folder and call it Music for example, then mount that in Moode instead of your shared c: drive.

regards

Pierre
(10-07-2019, 02:32 PM)vinnn Wrote:
(10-07-2019, 02:00 PM)PYC57 Wrote: thanks for your reply   Smile

Of course, a PC with a significantly faster Intel x86 processor is going to run the Moode interface much quicker than a mobile device, nothing to do with the OS.

I'm assuming your NAS is running Windows hence the drive letter? This will be down to how you've created the file share. Share out your Music folder and call it Music for example, then mount that in Moode instead of your shared c: drive.

regards

Pierre

thanks Vinnn

i use a synology ds116 dsm 6.2 updated, used through SMB. i have a shared folder named music.
(10-07-2019, 03:00 PM)PYC57 Wrote: thanks Vinnn

i use a synology ds116 dsm 6.2 updated, used through SMB. i have a shared folder named music.

OK, what do mean by browsing the menu view? You mean the file view in Moode?
I don't get how there's a c: drive letter anywhere as neither your Pi or your storage device is running Windows.