Thank you for your donation!

Problem: update and minor question
(10-07-2019, 03:13 PM)vinnn Wrote:
(10-07-2019, 03:00 PM)PYC57 Wrote: thanks Vinnn

i use a synology ds116 dsm 6.2 updated, used through SMB. i have a shared folder named music.

OK, what do mean by browsing the menu view? You mean the file view in Moode?
I don't get how there's a c: drive letter anywhere as neither your Pi or your storage device is running Windows.

sorry i have made a mistake. nas vue is ok i see only files by their name
it's when i browse a playslist. see image vue compared to nasvue

Pierre

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(10-07-2019, 03:21 PM)PYC57 Wrote: sorry i have made a mistake. nas vue is ok i see only files by their name
it's when i browse a playslist. see image vue compared to nasvue

Pierre

I see, in your image "nas vue.jpg" there's a list of folders, in image "nas vue inside folder.jpg" there's a list of files and in image "vue.jpg" is the contents of a playlist (i.e. the content of an m3u file containing pointers to media files).
When you browse a playlist you're not looking at media files, you're looking at pointers. These pointers are simply paths to files in a sequential order so you will not see file details or metadata as plain m3u does not support this. Only once you've loaded the playlist file into the main playlist will mpd load the file metadata (title/artist/album etc.) and you'll see that in the main player view.

Might be something for the devs to consider in a future enhancement? Supporting the creation of extended m3u files that contain metadata if mpd supports them?