Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: New user - routing/monitoring sound card input as source
Hi all,

I'm linking up an RPi to an old valve radio. I'm trying a few packages and Moode is one of them.

I'm using the RPi for other things apart from music (ie, to turn the radio on/off via a relay etc) and running an LCD screen.

But one of my preferred sources of music is a Google Chromecast. I have Google Home devices and I like to be able to say 'Hey Google, play X on Y' etc. I will possibly end up using this as much as an other source. 

I've built a two input mixer that takes two stereo sources, sums them down to mono (it's a mono radio), amplifies the signal a bit and them connects to the input on the radio.

So... I could just put the RPi in to one of the inputs. and the Chromecast into the other. But what I'd really like to do - I think - is output the Chromecast into the RPi input and then route it to the output.Then I can turn that on or off - effectively muting the Chromecast to prevent any overlap of music coming out at the same time - although the mixer would cope with that, I'd rather avoid it.

I'm using a cheap USB audio device with a 'mic' input (mono) and a stereo output. The mono input isn't a problem because, as I said, the radio is mono anyway. 

Is there a simple way using Moode to route, or monitor, the input of the usb device to the output? 

Hope this makes sense. Please ask if not and I will try to explain better.

Thanks
John
moOde has integrated support for the HifiBerry DAC+ADC and provides a Source Select screen for switching between the ADC and the DAC. There is also a volume control for the ADC not shown in the pics below.
http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...42#pid8942
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(10-13-2019, 12:24 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: moOde has integrated support for the HifiBerry DAC+ADC and provides a Source Select screen for switching between the ADC and the DAC. There is also a volume control for the ADC not shown in the pics below.

Thanks for the fast reply Tim.

Is it only for the HifiBerry DAC+ADC ? I already have a Raspiaudio MIC+ which I could possibly hack to do a similar thing (ie, instead of attaching a mic, connect the mono signal to it - depending on audio levels).

But I've taken that out as it's overkill for what I need and I'd rather use it for another project.

The radio is lovely sounding (it's 1955 valve radio) but it's not 'hifi' so anything like the HifiBerry is also overkill.

I'm using one of these https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B012H1Y...UTF8&psc=1

Which works fine for output and the other day I did test it on a raspbian setup with Pulse Audio and had it looped through from input to output and that worked too.

I can code, so the idea of doing something such as you mentioned in that thread (ie detecting audio on the input and changing sources) is possible

Again, sorry, I'm very new to Moode and not even looked at API documentation yet (I'll have a look now).

Is this something I should be able to easily write myself with your api?

Just something that switches from an analog input to the local output?

Thanks
John
(10-13-2019, 01:07 PM)johnr Wrote:
(10-13-2019, 12:24 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: moOde has integrated support for the HifiBerry DAC+ADC and provides a Source Select screen for switching between the ADC and the DAC. There is also a volume control for the ADC not shown in the pics below.

Thanks for the fast reply Tim.

Is it only for the HifiBerry DAC+ADC ? I already have a Raspiaudio MIC+ which I could possibly hack to do a similar thing (ie, instead of attaching a mic, connect the mono signal to it - depending on audio levels).

But I've taken that out as it's overkill for what I need and I'd rather use it for another project.

The radio is lovely sounding (it's 1955 valve radio) but it's not 'hifi' so anything like the HifiBerry is also overkill.

I'm using one of these https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B012H1Y...UTF8&psc=1

Which works fine for output and the other day I did test it on a raspbian setup with Pulse Audio and had it looped through from input to output and that worked too.

I can code, so the idea of doing something such as you mentioned in that thread (ie detecting audio on the input and changing sources) is possible

Again, sorry, I'm very new to Moode and not even looked at API documentation yet (I'll have a look now).

Is this something I should be able to easily write myself with your api?

Just something that switches from an analog input to the local output?

Thanks
John

Actually, it seems I don't need to do any of this. 

I missed the fact that Google Home can stream to bluetooth devices which is why I was keeping the chromecast in the setup. But if I don't need it, I don't need to bother with any of this.

Thanks