Thank you for your donation!

Moode appears while screen only on Windows 8.1 Surface RT
I am using Moode with Raspberry Pi 3 and love it :-)

Recently I wanted to add a display and I thought of adding a unused Surface RT with Edge browser next to my Pi and open Moode in the browser.

Unfortunately, when I access http://moode.local on that Surface tab, the page is all white.
I can see the "M" on the top right corner with grey and when I click on Configure, I can clearly see the Configuration screen. But the actual player in Play mode is all white

I understand its an old tab, but wondering is this to do with Themes? I use default theme only. I tried both Edge as well as Internet Explorer.

On any other laptop or phone, Moode works perfectly well, so wondering what is going wrong with Surface RT browser only.
@Mayurkotlikar

Surface RT sales were so lackluster that Microsoft declared the product line dead 4-1/2 years ago; mainstream support for the OS (a cutdown Windows 8.1 for ARM) ended 1-1/2 years ago. 

I think it's up to you to find and run current W3C validation suites on it. 

Trouble is, even if you identify what features are broken/missing you have no recourse to getting them fixed because of the above.

An alternative might be to rig up some kind of remote desktop access (such as with vnc) but I don't know if that's possible in the Surface RT environment and it's a fiddly activity at best.

Regards,
Kent
Can it run Chrome Browser?
(10-22-2019, 12:44 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Can it run Chrome Browser?

No, it does not. I totally understand that Surface RT is dead. What I thought that using a particular theme might solve my problem.

There is pretty much no browser apart from Edge or Internet Explorer, and since only Store apps can be installed, there is no other browser.

It is pretty much useless in 2019, but I still use Surface RT as a Photo slide show & it would have been cool to keep it next to my setup to see the artwork changing :-)
Might plan to add a display this Thanksgiving.

Thank you for your response. Appreciate it.
(10-22-2019, 06:20 PM)Mayurkotlikar Wrote:

No, it does not. I totally understand that Surface RT is dead. What I thought that using a particular theme might solve my problem.

From what I remember MS eol’d Edge before they implemented flexbox support so I don’t think it can be made compatible. You can use any UPNP client with moode though.
(10-25-2019, 02:11 AM)swizzle Wrote:
(10-22-2019, 06:20 PM)Mayurkotlikar Wrote:

From what I remember MS eol’d Edge before they implemented flexbox support so I don’t think it can be made compatible. You can use any UPNP client with moode though.

Edge from 2015 on supports Flexbox, but that ties in with the Surface being killed in '14, per Kent's comments.