Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Ability to run different library manager
I'm building a 7: pi touch screen music player, and I would like to use OMPD as the main interface for indexing and playing music. Has anyone done this and if so can you throw tips my way?

Cheers
(11-01-2019, 09:50 AM)Bedlore Wrote: I'm building a 7: pi touch screen music player, and I would like to use OMPD as the main interface for indexing and playing music. Has anyone done this and if so can you throw tips my way?

Cheers

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your intent here. It sounds like you are proposing to mush together two different code bases whose only common denominator is MPD. If you like O!MPD, why not just use O!MPD?

Regards,
Kent
(11-01-2019, 02:29 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: Maybe I'm misunderstanding your intent here. It sounds like you are proposing to mush together two different code bases whose only common denominator is MPD. If you like O!MPD, why not just use O!MPD?

Regards,
Kent

I like and have used both for years now, and OMPD is only an GUI library manager, where as moode packages the mpd on raspberry pi beautifully. So using both to work together seems the best of two worlds in my thinking.  The Library manager on moode is okay but is limited.
Solved! I actually found a simple workaround which is perfect. Rather than install OMPD directly on the moode device I just load the remote OMPD into the moode 7" display and have the OMPD connect to moode-player's MPD. Very happy!
So, maybe write it up as a how to in the FAQ and Guides ??

http://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9
----------
bob
@Bedlore

Glad to hear you found an answer to your particular need.

Regards,
Kent
(11-04-2019, 08:23 AM)Bedlore Wrote: Solved! I actually found a simple workaround which is perfect. Rather than install OMPD directly on the moode device I just load the remote OMPD into the moode 7" display and have the OMPD connect to moode-player's MPD.  Very happy!

Hi, I am very interested in your solution. Please write an how-to or tell us how you did it!
thank you