Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Scrolling / wrapping issue in artist list
Hi, still loving Moode however one little web inferface issue keeps cropping up that I haven't got round to posting. Ive not seen it reported on this forum. 

In the Music Library's tag view there seems to be a minimum width where artist names wrap.
This causes the artist field to scroll to the right (hiding the left hand side of the list) when selecting a letter to scroll down on a narrow display like a phone. This is undone when scrolling up using a letter.
The Genre and Album lists doesn't have this issue, just the artist list.

This is hard to describe so here's a short video demonstration...
[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/Ov5mQUuu7SU[/video]

This happena on my Galaxy S9 in any browser in portrait view and did also occur on my Huawei 10" tablet in portrait and landscape until I found some default font scaling setting that I could ramp down. No amount of display zoom/font scaling changes on the S9 fixes this.

Cheers.
I'm not able to repro on IOS / iPhone / iPad but maybe @swizzle has some ideas.

Are you using Zoom in the Browser?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
No zoom, even tried negative zoom which is a thing on the Samsung. Seems that once the colums get down to a certain width or ratio the artist names won't wrap to that width.
Thus long artist names cause the list to scroll right when scrolling down. Doesn't do this when manually scrolling, only when using the quick scroll letters.  

The attached image shows an example where a long artist name wraps, but doesn't wrap to the width of the column, theres a good 18 characters off the right edge of the list.

The browser shown is Samsung Internet which is based on Chromium although the same occurs on Firefox and Chrome.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

moOde 6.3.1 right?
Enjoy the Music!
(11-03-2019, 11:48 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: moOde 6.3.1 right?

Yes although I only started using Moode at about 6.1.0 I think and it's always happened.
Not a huge issue for me as I normally use the tablet (landscape orientation) in the music den and it doesn't happen there due to the larger screen area.
The challenge is that in the absence of a repro it may not be possible to noodle out what's causing the issue.
Enjoy the Music!
I just checked my Google Pixel3A phone in portrait orientation. I do not see the effect @vinnn is reporting.

Android 10, either Google Chrome or Firefox browser.

@vinnn - have you tried flushing your browsers' caches?

Regards,
Kent

???  Confused    ......link ???
----------
bob
(11-04-2019, 02:53 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: I just checked my Google Pixel3A phone in portrait orientation. I do not see the effect @vinnn is reporting.

Android 10, either Google Chrome or Firefox browser.

@vinnn - have you tried flushing your browsers' caches?

Regards,
Kent

It's any browser, also just tried on my laptop running Fedora 31 and with Firefox 70 sized to a phone-like ratio, happens there too.

You are using the letter links to the right of the artist list right? It only happens when using those (causing it to scroll past artist tags with really long names). Maybe you guys don't have any long enough artist tags in your collection?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(11-04-2019, 06:01 AM)DRONE7 Wrote:

???  Confused    ......link ???

Well spotted, I just assumed Tim meant the latest. It is indeed 6.3.0.