Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Hissing with software volume control (not with digital)
Hi all,

I have a request

The setup I’m talking about it a Hifiberry Amp I use at my GF’s. I hear a digital hiss on Spotify/Airplay only (so not on radio/flac) only when the music plays. I figured out the reason for this, is probably the software volume control. I used alsamixer to lower the (hardware) volume and put the software control on 100% and then indeed the hiss is gone.

Is there any way to remove/turn off the screen which now block access to the hardware volume control and switch off the automatic raising of the digital volume control to 100%? Or is this something that can be implemented in a next release?

Thnx!
Upcoming release 6.4.0 includes a "Max ALSA volume" setting on Audio Config. Below is the help text.

"Establishes ALSA volume level that is used to set 0dB when MPD volume control is set to Software or Disabled, or when any of the Audio Renderers are active."
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Hey Tim,

You're a hero, that should suffice! I managed to change the volume on 'Channels' with alsamixer for now to 75%, this also stopt the distortion of the sound.

Thnx