Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

DSF Files
@"clemarc@gmail.com"

It sounds like you have some .dsf files in your moOde player's local storage, you have moOde's DLNA server enabled, and Kazoo can't find the .dsf files. Right?

All my tests with .dsf files have been via moOde's UI so I never ran into this case.

I just did a brute-force string extraction from the minidlna daemon. It appears to have provisions for the usual audio file types but not for .dsf or .dff, which means it won't serve these files. This finding reinforces the information I found in various web-search hits on "minidlna dsf".

There are DSD-enabling patches that have been suggested for minidlna in the past but apparently they never made it into the Debian/Raspbian sources. Currently, moOde installs the binary package for minidlna. To test these patches, we'd have to start with the source code and compile our own binary. Certainly possible. How soon? In a while.

The web search also turned up the information that different audio vendors have chosen to use different DSD-file MIME types in their firmware which makes life interesting. Talk about standards!?!

Regards,
Kent

Messages In This Thread
DSF Files - by CityCentreFox - 11-24-2019, 01:55 AM
RE: DSF Files - by grasshopper - 11-24-2019, 11:51 AM
RE: DSF Files - by vinnn - 11-24-2019, 12:42 PM
RE: DSF Files - by Tim Curtis - 11-24-2019, 02:59 PM
RE: DSF Files - by CityCentreFox - 11-26-2019, 11:58 PM
RE: DSF Files - by rhizomusicosmos - 11-27-2019, 01:14 AM
RE: DSF Files - by clemarc@gmail.com - 12-22-2019, 12:53 PM
RE: DSF Files - by TheOldPresbyope - 12-22-2019, 04:56 PM