Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Khadas Tone Board - Tune Sound quality
Solution A: (costs zero time and zero money) Keep using the KTB/Foobar/Windows solution.

Solution B: (costs time and zero money) Use the KTB/moOde/RPi solution and try all the software tweaks which have been mentioned elsewhere in this forum and DiyAudio.com, to name two. I haven't tried any and can't make any recommendations.

Solution C: (costs time and money) Use the KTB/moOde/RPi solution and start exploring alternative power supplies, for example a linear power supply for the KTB/RPi combo or a linear power supply just for the KTB.

Solution D: (costs even more money) Start swapping in DACs---spoiler alert, each will likely sound different to you. Start swapping in different computing platforms, for example try the Allo USBridge Signature. There are as many options as you have money to spend.

Stop when you achieve the sound quality you like.

Regards,
Kent

[added in post edit] Rereading this I realize I've made the assumption you are already using a competently built, switching power supply for your RPi with an adequate current rating for the KTB/RPi combo. Phone chargers and no-name wallwarts can be a constant source of problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Khadas Tone Board - Tune Sound quality - by TheOldPresbyope - 11-26-2019, 12:57 PM